Provide strategic and technical claims leadership for the commercial automobile, liability, and property teams. Manage claims staff to ensure appropriate claim outcomes through consistent execution of claims best practices. Direct staff in the achievement of business plan goals and compliance with legal statutes, policy provisions and company guidelines. Supervise the execution of quality assurance programs. Identify training needs and manage claims training. Ensure delivery of timely, high quality customer service.
- Develops, recommends and implements short and long range objectives consistent with company business goals, guidelines and programs.
- Ensures quality management of claims in accordance with best practices and company guidelines.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels in conjunction with workloads.
- Selects, trains and manages staff. Plans staff responsibilities and manages activities, utilizing staff resources effectively to meet department goals in accordance with approved plans and budgets. Develop staff to respond to department needs as well as assisting the claims staff with career development goals.
- Plans and develops annual expense budget for areas of direct responsibility. Manages adherence to budget.
- Identifies training needs for staff. Establishes and implements strategy to deliver and or coordinate the delivery of training.
- Participates in national projects and key initiatives to support growth of the casualty lines of business.
- Maintains responsibility for key customer relationships and accountability for client satisfaction.
- Responsible for ensuring execution of quality assurance program, inclusive of identification of strengths and deficiencies and implementation of action plan focused on improved results.
- Utilizes performance management and performance review processes effectively, on an ongoing basis, to maximize performance of employees, correct performance problems, provide development opportunities, and promote effective communication with employees.
- Promotes effective communication among and between work groups, and between management and employees.
- Collaborates with Client Services, Sales, Operations, and other departments.
- Ensures a superior level of customer service. Manages account issues and works with PMAMC Client Service Managers to ensure seamless resolution of liability service issues.
- Provides line of business support to client new business presentations, renewals and associated service issues.
- Maintains active diary of claims meeting excess reporting thresholds, coverage issues, WC Part II losses and claims involving PMAMC.
- Demonstrates commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and applies knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.