- The Case Investigator will be responsible for contacting North Carolinians confirmed with COVID-19 infection to provide education regarding the recommendation to self-isolate, assess their ability to safely comply with the recommended control measures, and to elicit information on close contacts who need to be notified of their exposure.
- Although case investigators will prioritize contacting and interviewing cases by phone, there will also be the need for case investigators to perform field visits to reach individuals who do not respond to electronic (phone/text/email) contact attempts.
- Follow the set protocol for contacting assigned newly diagnosed COVID-19 case patients and document all contact attempts and timeframes in a timely manner.
- If unable to reach case patient after set number of required phone calls/texts/emails have been made, perform field visit if residential or work address is available.
- Assure appropriate donning/doffing of PPE whenever in-person patient interactions are required.
- Make sure all case patients are given the contact information for their local health department and the Care Resource Coordinator covering their jurisdiction in case social needs arise during the isolation period.
- Maintain daily contact with regional supervisor and assigned local health department to receive assignments and make sure the needs of the local health departments are being met.
- Use a scripted template to guide the interview process and assure all required questions are asked, education given, and interaction is conducted with professionalism and empathy to encourage forthrightness.
- Explain the importance of adherence to control measures and the need for contact tracing to prevent disease transmission and keep communities healthy and ensure all follow up questions are answered.
- Complete data entry for case interview and elicited close contacts into the designated system immediately after obtaining. This will ensure the contact tracers can initiate the notification process of all close contacts as soon as possible.
- Must be able to travel within assigned region.
- High school diploma, or equivalent required
- Previous experience in nursing is preferred
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Access to a personal computer/laptop for data entry
- Ability and willingness to go into the field to locate and interview hard to reach case patients
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
Patient care,Healthcare,Health care,Parademic,Pharmaceuticles,Hospital,Nurse,child care,hospital care