Req. Number: 213612
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
Citizens Pay is a fintech business powered by a national bank. Recognized as a leader in product innovation, Citizens has created transformational point of sale financing programs for some or the largest retailers in the country. The team is rapidly expanding its merchant relationships across industry verticals and is looking for a seasoned developer of new business to play a key role in its growth. The Business Development Officer (BDO) will be responsible for developing new merchant relationships and establishing strategic partnerships to drive top line revenue and loan volume on an annual basis. Success in the role will require building and managing a pipeline of prospects, aligning product solutions with the needs of merchants, and ultimately closing new business. This role offers an exciting opportunity for seasoned hunters who can think strategically and drive execution by showing grit, creativity, and determination. We are looking for a candidate with a maniacal focus on the customer that can expertly show merchants how Citizens point of sale solutions can be a game-changer for their business.
As a Citizens PAY BDO you will:
* Develop and execute a sales strategy within assigned verticals to meet team and business line goals for loan volume and revenue
* Leverage your network of contacts and relationships, as well as your knowledge of the competitive landscape in point of sale / buy-now-pay-later financing, to inform pipeline development activities and help open doors for new business
* Vet and qualify opportunities with internal stakeholders and team leadership, demonstrating strategic thinking capabilities to ensure the optimal merchant solution is presented
* Work closely with internal stakeholders to build proposals and product solutions that deliver the greatest value to Citizens and our merchant partners
* Lead in-person pitches and negotiation of terms with merchants
The capabilities and career experience that we are looking for include:
* Highly successful developer of new business with a keen understanding of how to build, qualify, and close a pipeline of partnership opportunities
* Creative thinker who can imagine the art-of-the-possible and bring it to life with a passion for solving new challenges
* 10+ years of Business Development experience in merchant financing, SaaS, or payments technology. Prior experience in merchant financing solutions (BNPL, PLCC) is preferred
* A robust network of merchant relationships within key industry verticals (consumer electronics, home goods, specialty retail/big-box, home improvement, travel & entertainment)
* Strong knowledge of the merchant financing ecosystem and emerging consumer payment products
* Bachelor's Degree Required, MBA preferred
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 8-5
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.
Awards We've Received
Human Rights Campaign Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality
Dave Thomas Foundation Best Adoption-friendly Workplace
DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity
Military Friendly Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague's or a dependent's reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.