) is Americas leading recruitment company. Founded by a service academy graduate who has offshore experience, Core Group Resources expertise is unmatched in the marine offshore market, finance, IT, renewables, & non-profit for executive search, staffing, and expertise identification. For more information contact us at . We are currently in the market for the following:Chief Process Automation Engineering Specialist - REMOTEJob Summary:
This position will provide leadership, develop strategic plan, organize resources, and evaluate plant processes and control system performance.
This position has the possibility to work remotely up to 100% of the time. It will require occasional travel to the Phoenix and/or site locations. This position may be performed anywhere in the U.S. except California, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky, and New York. Additional states may be excluded from remote work based on business factors. Should the positions shift to in-office work in the future, the company will offer relocation benefits at that time should the position meet the established eligibility for these benefits.Responsibilities
- Provide direction, standards and performance metrics for discrete/continuous/advanced control, controller equipment and software, and the HMI
- Review, design and develop control strategy to meet the process objectives
- Provide direction, standards, and performance metrics for alarm management systems
- Assess and define the plant safety requirement (SIL) and ensure compliance
- Evaluate options and recommend process instrumentation selection
- Provide direction, standards and performance metrics for PCS communication and plant historians
- Perform other duties as required
This position requires international air travel. In accordance with company requirements for all employees whose job requires international travel, if you are hired you will be required to submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel by air internationally, unless the company has granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- High School diploma or GED and eleven (11) years of Engineering experience relevant to Process Automation, including lead or supervisory experience; OR
- Bachelor's degree in an Scientific discipline and seven (7) years of experience in Engineering or related Scientific field relevant to Process Automation, including lead or supervisory experience; OR
- Master's degree in an Scientific discipline and five (5) years of experience in Engineering or related Scientific field relevant to Process Automation, including lead or supervisory experience
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Position is in a busy, non-smoking office
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by an elevator
- Some walking/hiking is required during operational visits and inspections
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves, and any other protective equipment as required.
- The company promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable State laws