Remote Certified Coder Job Description
Change Healthcare is a total solutions partner for healthcare data auditing and analytics. We provide end-to-end solutions to help improve payment integrity data to support accreditation programs, and meet regulatory requirements. Change Healthcare's nationwide network of certified coders work to acquire, audit, and analyze data for healthcare organizations.
These are remote/home based seasonal positions forecasted to run through Q1 2018. Remote Certified Coders review medical records and apply appropriate ICD-10-CM diagnostic codes and Change Healthcare Flagged Event. Codes must meet Change Healthcare QA standards (following both Official Coding Guidelines and Risk Adjustment Guidelines).
· Assign appropriate ICD-10-CM codes, mapping to risk adjustment models as applicable.
· Assign Change Healthcare Flagged Event codes when documentation in the record is inadequate,
ambiguous, or otherwise unclear for medical coding purposes.
· Remain current on diagnosis coding guidelines and risk adjustment reimbursement reporting
· Check chart assignments every day and accurately report all hours worked on a weekly basis.
· Maintain quality and production standards required by company.
· Report work-related concerns to assigned Coder Advocate and, if not adequately addressed, to Sr.
Manager of Clinical Operations.
· Comply with the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information
Management Association and adhere to official coding guidelines.
· Comply with HIPAA laws and regulations.
· Participate in testing and training as required by the Company.
· Active certified coder certification through AHIMA or AAPC required (CRC, CPC, CCS - P).
CCA, CPC-A are not accepted.
· At least two years of experience as a certified coder is required.
· At least one year of risk adjustment experience is required.
· Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM outpatient diagnosis coding guidelines (knowledge and demonstrated
understanding of Risk Adjustment coding and data validation requirements is highly preferred).
· Ability to code using an ICD-10-CM code book (without using an encoder).
· Strong clinical knowledge related to chronic illness diagnosis, treatment and management.
· Reliability and a commitment to meeting tight deadlines.
· Personal discipline to work remotely without direct supervision.
· Exemplary attention to detail and completeness. All medical coders must maintain minimum QA passing
requirements based on HCC scoring model (HCCx
· Computer proficiency (including MS Windows, MS Office, and the Internet).
· Must have high-speed Internet access, a home computer with a current Windows operating system, MS
Internet Explorer (version 6.0.2 or better), and Adobe 6.0 or better.
· Working knowledge of HIPAA requirements, recognizing a commitment to privacy, security and the
confidentiality of all medical chart and patient health information.
Please Click APPLY NOW. All interested parties may also submit a note of interest and your resume to .