As a member of the Central Accounting Office, the Centralized Controller is responsible for all aspects of financial management, financial control, accounting and financial reporting for assigned hotels. In addition, the Controller is ultimately responsible for making month-end accruals, posting payroll, and ensuring the financials are ready for review by the Regional Director of Finance. The Centralized Controller will prepare a large majority of the balance sheet reconciliations for the assigned assets once the month-end close process is completed.Responsibilities
- Responsible for Accounting, financial reporting and controllership functions for assigned hotels which are accounted for on a centralized basis.
- Timely preparation and issuance of complete and accurate monthly and annual hotel financial statements.
- Creates and/or reviews annual budgets, monthly variance analyses, and related budget-creation policies and procedures.
- Assists in the establishment, documentation, and adherence to Accounting Policies and Procedures and internal controls for centralized accounting operations.
- Monitors hotel operations, cash flow and operating forecasts of assigned entities.
- Reviews or prepares monthly bank reconciliations and G/L reconciliations for assigned hotel properties.
- Communicates with hotel and corporate management on accounting related issues as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
HEI manages an unparalleled portfolio of leading full-service branded hotels and luxury and lifestyle independent hotels across the U.S. We are the acknowledged experts on upper-upscale, luxury, and premium select-serve hotels in urban, super-suburban, and destination locations.At HEI, we recognize that our enormous success is solely the result of our greatest asset: Our People. Where people work is a choice. Against that choice, our greatest obligation is to ensure day in and day out that our associates have the compensation and benefits they deserve and industry leading tools, training and support that they need to excel. At HEI, simply said, we honor the privilege of our associates choosing us by investing in and making them more valuable.We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.