About the Role:
We are looking for a Category Director who has a track record of success in roles at growing companies, ideally at a tech, healthcare or consumer startup. You love both building and optimizing, and both strategizing and doing. You are a structured and creative thinker, able to toggle easily between the big themes and the little details. You love data and customer insights and you can prove your ability to learn new systems quickly. And you love working with smart colleagues of varied expertise who share a commitment to putting the customer first!
- Build the growth strategy for your category. Size and prioritize opportunities and project sales figures for new products.
- Partner closely with product managers and product marketers to identify and address business opportunities and define the offering for our customers.
- Execute growth strategy by collaborating cross-functionally with a variety of different teams across the organization.
- Continually refine the business model, including offering and pricing opportunities and providing a link between cross-functional teams.
- Rapidly test hypotheses and conduct data analysis with the goal of constantly improving the metrics.
- Apply complex and ambiguous data to surface actionable insights and strategies across the customer journey.
- Provide insights to marketing channel partners considering market and consumer research, competitor’s positioning, and product value props that will allow them to drive profitable user acquisition and increased retention.
- Continuously build business relationships across functional teams.
- 8+ years of professional experience with evidence of increasing responsibility including product management or e-commerce marketing and owning a budget.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus in an analytical field. MBA preferred.
- Prior small company or start-up experience is required. Experience with marketplaces or past consulting experience is a plus.
- Strategic and tactical experience designing, building, and executing scalable processes from scratch, ideally in an operations-intensive environment.
- Knowledge of key e-commerce product areas, from on-site conversion to email flow optimization.
- Exceptional quantitative skills and aptitude. Deep knowledge of Excel.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solver with excitement to work on cross-functional teams and projects.
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats