Orfium is a fast-growing music technology company representing some of the biggest music companies in the world. We are looking for talented, hard working people to join our rights management team who are passionate about protecting the value of music. Our office is located in Malibu, CA with a beautiful ocean view overlooking the Malibu Pier. Some of our clients include: Warner Music Group, Sony Music Group, Sony/ATV Music Publishing, Warner Chappell Music Publishing, Global Music Rights, Ingrooves, and many more.
The Catalog Management Specialist, Record Labels plays a critical role in ensuring customer success. This role is responsible for maintaining accurate catalog data across Orfium’s record label client Content Management Systems (“CMS”) by working closely with outside parties to resolve copyright ownership conflicts, asset reference issues, and reinstating disputed claims. Successful performance in this position results in increased client revenue and satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and own Content Management System activities for assigned record label clients, including but not limited to:
- Proactively resolve and prevent sound recording reference issues.
- Maintenance of catalog (sound recordings, videos, art tracks etc.)
- Update ownership and policies for assets as needed.
- Evaluate client catalog deliveries for copyright validity on Content Management. Systems, ensuring the content complies with the related platform’s terms of service.
- Create reports highlighting key asset ownership issues.
- Proactively reach out to other rights organizations to resolve copyright ownership conflicts.
- Create reports on client asset issues within YouTube for our Account Managers to review and advise on appropriate actions.
- Provide ad hoc data analyses as needed.
- Research and stay up to date on catalog acquisitions and distribution transfer timelines to reflect accurate ownership of assets.
Hourly Range: $20.00 - $30.00
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Stock Options
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Simple IRA Match
- PTO & Sick Time
- Preferred 1-2 years music industry or copyright management experience.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing needs of the company, client, and team members.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; extremely detail-oriented.
- 4 year degree or equivalent professional experience preferred.
This position does not directly supervise.
Essential Work & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and a minimum of 5 days per week.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Orfium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.