This position is the first level of management within a division. Directs the daily workflow of an assigned unit of between 10-15 employees (or with slightly fewer employees but covering diverse disciplines and/or complex functions) and exercises supervisory authority over staff responsible for executing a specific component of the work of the unit.
Location: Combination of Crosspoint Parkway and Work From Home, Open to remote candidates if not local to Buffalo, NY Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate daily workflow to meet the objectives of the assigned department.
- Resolve complex problems arising out of customer account management, either directly or through subordinate staff.
- Provide leadership, guidance, feedback and training to staff.
- Communicate and enforce operational and procedural changes to ensure compliance with M&T and division policy, investor regulations and very complex laws and regulations pertaining to the work of the department.
- Participate in or facilitate process innovation and special projects as assigned by division management.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
Works under minimal supervision. Must use independent judgment and discretion in the day-to-day supervision of the assigned unit. Supervisory/Managerial Responsibilities:
Supervisory, leadership of people in all work activities. Education and Experience Required:
A combined total of 5 years of higher education and/or relevant work experience in a call center or bank operations environment, inclusive of 2 years' work leadership experience.
Excellent customer service skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
Strong knowledge of relevant spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software.Education and Experience Preferred:
Demonstrated work leadership skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.Location
Getzville, New York, United States of America