This position is eligible for Work From HomeOverview:
Responsible for directing the day-to-day activities for a unit. Manages approximately 10 FTEs (or with fewer employees but covering diverse disciplines and/or complex functions). Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily activities of a unit of employees to meet the objectives of the assigned department.
- Direct staff in the appropriate techniques of customer service, collections or account servicing, as applicable.
- Resolve disputed transactions in a timely and cost-effective manner. Negotiate effectively on customer calls.
- Compile month-end data for distribution to and decision-making by management.
- Serve as integral member of portfolio acquisition team, directing onboarding of acquired loans.
- Evaluate unit processes, procedures and policies routinely in an effort to increase operational efficiency of units managed.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
Manages workflow of medium complexity and risk exposure and acts largely independently.
External contacts include customers, vendors and outside agencies.
Has charge off authority within established authority levels. Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Manages a team of professionals (includes people, budget and planning). Education and Experience Required:
A combined total of 6 years of higher education and relevant work experience in a call center or bank operations environment, inclusive of 1 years' work leadership or supervisory experience.
Excellent customer service skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
Strong knowledge of relevant spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software. Education and Experience Preferred:
Mortgage Investor experience.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Strong knowledge of departmental systems, documents and procedures.
Getzville, New York, United States of America