Primarily it is C++ application development for Equities products.
The work involves the development of Trading Tickets, Negotiation with multiple dealers for best trading output and Post-trade handling for the above products.
- Develop an Electronic Trading Platform for new Asset Classes
- Given Customer Feedback, create useful enhancements that address their concerns
- Construct new workflows that enable increase customer efficiency
- Identify and resolve ambiguities in the trade details conveyed on screen
- Improve system performance
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to address issues they identify
- Strong skills in both structural and OO programming, C++: concepts, data structures, patterns, templates, multithreaded programming
- Experience in development using Visual Studio on Windows
- Good knowledge of databases
- Extensive problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels within IT and the various Business Units
- Ability to work independently and within a team, own issues and solve them
- Ability to recognize critical production and client-facing issues, and prioritize them.
- Finance background, particularly in Fixed Income
- Experience with Perl scripting
- Experience with FIX protocol
- Good knowledge of communication protocol fundamentals