£70 - 100k base + bonus Summary
This is a unique opportunity at an employee-first hedge fund, currently with 35 people, looking to rapidly grow their technology team in the near future whilst maintaining a good culture and healthy work-life balance to keep their brilliant retention levels.
You will be tasked with working directly with quant and data analysts to develop software and tools to support research and development projects. You will also work with more experienced developers to improve your knowledge and work towards good software architecture and development practices.
For this role, experience in finance is not required, but an ability to understand statistical analysis and modelling is useful. The ability to demonstrate a strong knowledge of object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms, and optimisation of software is expected.
Predominantly a C# Windows house, the firm is also starting to use more Python and associated libraries for the Quant and data science platforms.
They are very flexible in terms of working from home, offering the potential for you to be 100% remote from anywhere in the UK. Skills and Experience Required
Desirable Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of software development experience, with good knowledge of recent C# (6.0>)
- Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) or demonstrated good software development practice with strong computer science knowledge
- Proficiency in implementing multithreaded, robust and fast real-time systems
- Finance experience is NOT required
Benefits & Incentives
- Knowledge of any of the following: RabbitMQ, Redis, Python, ReSharper, ComponentOne, FIX
- Strong salary + bonuses
- You can be remote 0-5 days a week
- Friendly working environment with multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Relaxed culture in a brand new Knightsbridge office - not stuffy like other hedge funds
If you feel you are suitable for this role, drop me an email or give me a call! Richard Allan
£70 - 100k base + bonus