We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they've been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today-and tomorrow.
The Commercial Business Systems Analyst is part of an agile team on the Document Generation Team. This role will lead small to medium initiatives, that may be strategic, by understanding business need/problem to be solved and driving solution adoption across functional business areas/disciplines. Responsible for efficient and effective execution of project delivery with technology strategies aligned to business results. Recommend and implement end to end business capability solutions that delivery on client/agent experience, cost efficiencies, regulatory compliance, and/or competitive advantage.
The Commercial Business Systems Analyst leads and facilitates the collaboration between business peers and technology solutions to ensure alignment across people, process, and technology. This role is responsible for collaborating with all levels of business and information technology teams as needed to deliver artifacts throughout the delivery lifecycle including defining scope, business requirements gathering, analysis, design, testing, implementation, business adoption, and stakeholder management. Effective communication with ability to translate complex business and technical solutions appropriately to audiences is required.Job DescriptionJob Duties and Responsibilities
Define, articulate, and deliver business solutions across people, process, and technology including roadmaps, results/benefits, milestone plans, and on-going delivery status. Apply business acumen and technical literacy to develop a data driven and/or credible approach. Appropriately schedule solution delivery that aligns to leadership defined priorities, supporting our One Thrivent goals.
Accountable to deliver business solutions though the orchestration of cross functional teams. Responsible for oversight and understanding throughout the solution delivery process to ensure quality delivery and successful business adoption is achieved. Develop implementation and improvement plans by eliciting business requirements from key stakeholder through multiple processes to:
- Identify business needs and value
- Gather/evaluate requirements and desired outcomes
- Analyze gaps between current and future state
- Recommend solutions
- Testing design and execution
- Implementation and adoption
- Production support / run the business activities
Accountable for solution adoption readiness. Act as an ambassador for the capability and ensure both internal and external stakeholder communication is effective and addresses any change management or manual processes needed. Accountable to ensure business solutions, capabilities, and technical systems have proper documentation established.
Analyze data and Thrivent trends to make recommendations that guide action and articulate impact of people, process, and technology decisions. Orchestrate alignment with business leadership and Information Technology.
Manage and successfully deliver moderately to highly complex projects. At times, may provide and lead the direction of others.
Cultivate an active network of relationships to drive alignment across internal functions and business units. Facilitate collaboration across departmental boundaries. Actively participate and seek to understand future solution roadmaps and applicability to Thrivent. At times, may participate in vendor engagement and industry user groups.Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5+ years of practical experience working as a business analyst within a business unit or Information Technology on small to medium efforts.
- Proven critical thinking and analysis skills in a business analysis or technical analyst role.
- Ability to adapt to fluid situations, quick self-learner, and the ability to manage through complexity
- Ability to collaborate with others in cross functional team settings and broader organization
- Effective communication both written and oral to support stakeholder management
- Flex style and content to fit audience, including but not limited to Manager level
- Hold yourself accountable, setting a high standard for yourself and others around you
- Technical aptitude. Employ the appropriate technical tools, which are ever evolving, in all facets
- Optimizes work processes through growth in understanding of business processes, requirements, and the technology ecosystem
- Awareness of multiple project management methodologies (i.e., agile, waterfall) including requirements, testing, design and implementation strategies
- Experience with informal leadership of cross functional teams that lead to action and results
Other Critical Factors
- Insurance or Financial Services Industry experience
- Understanding of Thrivent's product portfolio and technology capabilities
- Agile project experience
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Business acumen
- Learning agility and curiosity to learn
- Innovative mindset
- Focuses on continuous improvement
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Entrepreneurial leadership & thinking
- Ability to influence both business and technology partners
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to or call and request Human Resources.