Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Business Strategy Analyst Lead for any of the following locations: San Antonio, TX Office, Phoenix, AZ Tampa, FL Offices, Plano, TX Office or the Colorado Office This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
Uses quantitative and qualitative analysis to provide thought-leadership on evolving industry trends, market developments, USAA's strategic direction, regulatory environment, and macroeconomic trends for the business unit. Provides insights and information-based context for key stakeholders in the business unit to effectively manage, influence, and impact line of business strategy.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
* Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
* Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
* Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
* Leads discussions with key stakeholders to communicate information learned from analyses, provide input into line of business strategy development, and drive and influence business decisions.
* Leads integration of the analytic strategy and business strategy.
* Leads and oversees efforts to identify key business assumptions and hypotheses around line of business strategy. Continuously refines hypotheses and identifies business questions to explore further.
* Develops the analytical framework and blueprint to answer business questions identified in the business portfolio, product, or member experience.
* Applies expert analytical rigor to define outcome measures, improve prioritization, increase agility in decisioning, improve ability to evaluate progress towards business outcomes, and to evaluate risks to strategic goals.
* Effectively influences and drives strategic agreement utilizing subject matter expertise and interpersonal and negotiation skills.
* Serves as a team lead and provides guidance and on-the-job training to team members.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics, or related discipline OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 8 years of progressive functional operations experience within the respective industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance) to include 6 years of experience in data & analytics and/or strategy consulting, OR Advanced Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Mathematics, Economics or related discipline and 6 years of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting, or related business experience (directly related functional business experience within the industry of responsibility is acceptable for 3 of these years).
* Experience identifying business needs and leading strategic plans driven by qualitative/quantitative analysis and market insights.
* Strong analytical skills with experience using hypotheses-driven problem solving.
* Extensive experience leading and performing complex data analysis using various data analytics tools (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Tableau, R, Python).
* Experience influencing business decisions.
* Experience working with leadership teams to identify key opportunities to develop and enhance business strategy using quantitative and qualitative analytics
* Experience drafting, deploying and/or monitoring model control frameworks to ensure operation of models and reliance of outputs are within acceptable control and residual risk tolerances.
* Demonstrated ability to sustain a portfolio of model outputs to meet or exceed business needs.
* Experience drafting model validation test processes and procedures including development and documentation of sample methodology, sample size requirements, test execution, and distribution of refined results including actionable insight recommendations.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 - $192,300* (this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location).
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
* Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.