Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Business Strategy Analyst Lead for the San Antonio, TX Office or this person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
Uses quantitative and qualitative analysis to provide thought-leadership on evolving industry trends, market developments, USAAs strategic direction, regulatory environment, and macroeconomic trends for the business unit. Provides insights and information-based context for key stakeholders in the business unit to effectively manage, influence, and impact line of business strategy. Job Requirements About USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
(31 seconds)Primary Responsibilities:
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leads discussions with key stakeholders to communicate information learned from analyses, provide input into line of business strategy development, and drive and influence business decisions.
- Leads integration of the analytic strategy and business strategy.
- Leads and oversees efforts to identify key business assumptions and hypotheses around line of business strategy. Continuously refines hypotheses and identifies business questions to explore further.
- Develops the analytical framework and blueprint to answer business questions identified in the business portfolio, product, or member experience.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to evaluate and uncover strategic insights related to Profit & Loss performance including Product Strategy, Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Credit Risk, Distribution Channels, and Member Experience.
- Applies expert analytical rigor to define outcome measures, improve prioritization, increase agility in decisioning, improve ability to evaluate progress towards business outcomes, and to evaluate risks to strategic goals.
- Effectively influences and drives strategic agreement utilizing subject matter expertise and interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Serves as a team lead and provides guidance and on-the-job training to team members.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics, or related discipline OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of experience in data/analytics or strategy consulting (ie industry trends, market analysis and strategic direction), OR Advanced Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics with 6 years of experience in data/analytics and strategy consulting.
- Experience identifying business needs and leading strategic plans driven by qualitative/quantitative analysis and market insights.
- Strong analytical skills with experience using hypotheses-driven problem solving.
- Extensive experience leading and performing complex data analysis using various data analytics tools (ie Microsoft Excel, Tableau, R, Python).
- Experience influencing business decisions.
- Experience working with leadership teams to identify key opportunities to develop and enhance business strategy using quantitative and qualitative analytics.
- Demonstrated understanding of the full spectrum of regulatory actions, including examinations and other supervisory engagement and processes, such as: Interagency Guidelines Establishing Standards for Safety and Soundness (12 CFR Part 30 Appendix A), OCC Heightened Standards (12 CFR Part 30 Appendix D).
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is:$106,800 - $192,300* (this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location).
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average. Shift premium:
will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.Relocation
assistance is not available
for this position.