At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
How will you make an impact?
The Analytical Instruments Group within Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a Solution Owner under Field Service Scheduling. This role will work directly with business and IT leadership teams to develop and enhance our service field service scheduling capability, delivering an improved customer and colleague experience. This role plan's and develop our scheduling solution roadmap. The role collaborates with team members, users, and leadership on business requirements, user stories, and implementation planning. This acts as a bridge between business and development teams.
What will you do?
- Engage with leaders, users and IT partners to define the scheduling capability strategy and roadmap
- Determine how scheduling needs translate into features, in line with the defined product vision and strategy, and how they create benefits and value for our customers and colleagues
- Gather, verify and prioritize user requirements; manage product backlog and continuously identify and fill product gaps through a systemic feedback process
- Collaborate with user groups (engineers, schedulers, supervisors) and the technical development teams to ensure business requirements are met
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, bring teams to agreement, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Develop a deep understanding of the people, process, data and technology elements of scheduling and their interdependencies
How will you get here?
- High school degree required, Bachelor's in business or engineering-related field preferred
- 7+ years' experience in software product management, preferably for internal solution, with 3+ years in a leadership role
- Knowledge of scheduling variables and optimization principles
- Field service, field service operations or service IT experience a plus
- Demonstrated success in delivering software capabilities requested by users, on time and on budget
- Documented experience aligning business strategy with technology roadmaps, and working with vendor partners
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven ability to create and manage technology roadmaps and coordinate technical implementations with complex interdependencies
- Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a global environment
- Knowledge of Agile principles, SAFe a plus
- Effective at influencing others, creating momentum for successful change
- Skilled at mentoring and developing others
- Ability to solve for complex business problems - identifying the problem, thinking creatively to develop solutions, and recommending the best path forward
- Excellent communicator - comfortable presenting to groups, developing presentations
- Facilitation skills - confidence and ability to drive group consensus and make progress virtually and in-person
- Willing to flex your schedule to collaborate with colleagues around the globe
- Travel: Adhering to appropriate travel restrictions, this role will require global travel of up to 25%
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
***This role is open as a remote role***