ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful and compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
The Process Engineer will provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. Most importantly, this position provides above and beyond communication with our patients/customers so that they feel heard, understood, valued and more connected with Apria . Key responsibilities for creating a positive, customer/patient-centric environment include:
- Evangelize our disgruntled customers and turn them into our biggest fans .
- Support our Field teams, Operations and Sales, by delivering timely feedback that empowers our teams to deliver exceptional patient experiences.
- Critically problem-solve common complaints by flagging trends and partnering cross-functionally to recommend and implement preventative measures.
- Proactively create a better customer/patient experience.
- Be a champion of the employee experience and drive our unique company culture.
- Support the development and implementation of employee programs that nurture our company's core values to engage employees and create a positive culture.
The Process Engineer will adapt and apply foundational quality principles, industry standards, and lean thinking to deliver the right outcomes the first time, every time. In this role, you will be a part of a strategic shift that requires the ability to mentor, guide, and support others while applying critical thinking and various problem-solving methodologies toward the design and implementation of transformational customer-focused standards, operating procedures, and processes. Through process design and systemic problem-solving, the process engineer will help drive the delivery of key organizational objectives. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cultivate a fundamental understanding of assigned process areas while maintaining a fresh perspective and approaching each process assessment and decision with an open mind and an eye for innovation.
- Initiate, develop, and assess end-to-end process life cycles, as well as assessing and improving existing and changing processes to increase efficiency, ensure quality, decrease rework, and/or lower costs.
- Provide process oversight, perform value-stream mapping, and identify gaps in process or logic, as well as risks, barriers, cross-functional and downstream impacts, and/or issues with process efficiency.
- Evaluate and leverage technology to reduce manual work and optimize process.
- Track, review, and analyze statistical findings, synthesizing and conveying key findings to all organizational levels in a variety of ways, e.g., summary reports, risk notifications, presentations, storytelling, etc.
- Maintain ability to be data-driven, yet comfortable with ambiguity, and be able to balance a bias for action with an understanding of appropriate risk.
- Utilize a wide array of communication techniques and consistent interpersonal savvy to finesse situations and influence others, especially when delivering constructive feedback.
- Manage multiple projects, validating tasks are on target, resolving impediments to progress, and escalating risks and issues appropriately.
- Assign work and delegate tasks by assessing the current need against available skill sets and solicit and track progress updates from key team members.
- Work collaboratively, engaging key stakeholders as necessary to drive forward a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency through quality process engineering.
- Leverage a broad base of tools and problem-solving methodologies to deliver improvements and results, while adhering to pertinent standards and regulations to help Apria lead the HME industry in quality practices.
- Ensure all process planning contributes to an environment of safety, efficiency, high performance, and ethical and legal compliance.
- Perform other duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Education and/or Experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and education
- Five years related experience in process improvement, Lean/Six Sigma leadership, or comparable
- Customer/Patient-Focused: You start with the customer/patient and work backwards. You invest the time and energy to understand the customer's/patients' objectives, then tie all your activities directly to the achievement of those objectives.
- Action-Oriented: You thrive as a self-starter who proactively senses and responds to problems and opportunities and requires minimal supervision.
- Collaborative: You love teamwork. Your colleagues love having you on the team. You work well across functions and groups.
- An Effective Communicator: You write and speak clearly, concisely and with a spirit of partnership. You actively inform and inspire with your messaging. You speak plainly and are transparent with your business colleagues.
- Energetic & Passionate: Your passion and energy for health and well-being is deeply founded in your desire to help others and to be a positive role model.
- Relationship Builder: You excel in getting people involved and building a network of contacts that allow you to multiply your influence on the organization.
- Intermediate skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word
- Technology savvy with an ability to master new tools and software quickly
- English (reading, writing, verbal).
- Intermediate level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret, and develop spreadsheet data.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. This position also may require the occasional lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs. TRAVEL
Up to 75% travel required. OTHER INFORMATION
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual's position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
- provided by Dice