Business Process Consultant II
Location: Remote Georgia US
Job ID: 2020-2225
# of Openings: 1
Category: Management Consulting
Karna is seeking an experienced Business Process Consultant to join an existing contract with NIOSH and the CDC. The Business Process Consultant will be responsible for managing the requirements process by acting as a liaison between project stakeholders and the development teams to align stakeholder needs with technical solutions. They will also design processes, create process maps, diagnose improvement opportunities, and develop innovative solutions.
- Identify and define business needs and opportunities for improvement
- Conduct stakeholder analysis, plan the execution of business analysis tasks and communication, update or change the approach to business analysis as required
- Perform investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organizational change
- Determine requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, user stories, scenarios, and task and workflow analysis
- Consult with subject matter experts, technical experts, end-users and other stakeholders to gather information about functions, features, data requirements, input requirements, output requirements, interfaces with other systems, etc.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, segments high-level information into details, and abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding
- Progressively elaborate the stated requirements to a sufficient level of detail that accurately define the business need within the specified solution scope
- Validate that requirements meet the business need
- Document business, task, and workflow processes using industry-standard methods including business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, diagrams, flow charts, etc., ensuring that these deliverables can be used to design a solution to the stated business problem
- Assess solutions to ensure that goals are met and requirements are satisfied, including assessment of a request for proposal responses, internal designs, and manual procedures
- Define acceptance criteria, identify defects, and define and validate corrective actions
- Confirm that stakeholders have a shared understanding of requirements; manage conflicts and issues to resolution
- Obtain needed approval of solution requirements
- Ensure that stakeholders have access to business analysis work products, using communication methods appropriate to departmental stakeholders
- Review technical solution designs from a business point of view and recommend alternatives
- Analyze processes and re-engineering alternatives, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment.
- Create process change by integrating new processes with existing ones and communicating these changes to impacted Business Systems teams.
- Recommend and facilitate quality improvement efforts.
- Have a good business acumen in order to determine requirements from customers.
- Create and maintain detailed business requirements documentation
- Prepare documentation for training clients on application usage
- Bachelor’s required, Master’s preferred
- At least ten (10) years of relevant experience, of which approximately five (5) years must be specialized
- Previous healthcare industry experience required
- CDC experience preferred
- Specialized experience includes: modeling complex business processes and requirements (using structured tools and techniques, i.e. use-case scenarios) and integrating them with data and system architectural models and requirements
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to identify root-cause issues/improvement opportunities, and design approaches/programs/products to improve overall quality assurance
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced cross-functional environment
- Ability to produce quality deliverables efficiently and effectively
- Process engineering experience
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Solid creative and strategic thinking skills
- Skilled in activity and data modeling, development of modern business methods, identification of best practices, and creating and assessing performance measurements
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office products including MS Project, Access, SharePoint, and Visio
- Previous experience with SQL
- Previous federal consulting experience preferred