Description: Job Summary\:
KinderCare Education (KCE) is currently building out a new Business Intelligence solution, primarily utilizing Microsoft Power BI and SSRS for presentation and SQL and SSIS for the back end. KCE is looking for a hands-on Business Intelligence Developer (MSBI Stack), who thrives in a collaborative work environment. This role involves working across the entire BI lifecycle, from source data analysis, Extract Transform Load (ETL) development, to analysis and reporting implementation, specifically with Microsoft Power BI, SSIS, SSRS. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, thorough in their work, and willing to quickly learn and excel in an Agile team.
The primary responsibility of the Business Intelligence Developer is the design, programming, testing, integration and production support of the Business Intelligence Next Generation (BING) platform at KinderCare Education. What You'll Do
- Provide Business Intelligence solutions including datasets, analytics, dashboards, and reports to support KCE in making informed decisions that increase the bottom line through improved quality and services.
- Design, develop, deploy, and tune Power BI datasets and dataflows.
- Write and optimize DAX queries and edit/manage Power Query M formulas.
- Design, develop, and deploy SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Reports preferred.
- Design, develop, and deploy ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) preferred.
- Write and optimize SQL stored procedures preferred.
- Build adequate logging and traceability to ensure ability to troubleshoot issues in a production environment.
- Analyze and verify technical requirements for completeness, consistency, feasibility, and testability.
- Apply software engineering concepts and best practices to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, extensibility, and flexibility.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications - verbally or through written documentation to project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders.
- Will be on call once a month during off hours as part of the level 3 production support escalation pool to ensure nightly jobs are successful.
Qualification: Who You Are\:
Who We Are\:
- 2+ years' experience delivering Power BI solutions, including custom DAX queries and editing Power Query M formulas.
- 2+ years' experience delivering Business Intelligence solutions using SQL, SSIS, and SSRS preferred.
- Ability to problem-solve in addition to a good grasp of both the technical and business factors of Business Intelligence Solutions Delivery.
- Strong understanding of Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse concepts, methods, and tools.
- Proven experience designing, developing and deploying Enterprise Business Intelligence solutions to Production.
- Write high quality code that is robust, performant, and easy to maintain
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Business Intelligence toolset, including\:
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing; Must have a solid understanding of star-schema data modeling
- Power BI, deep knowledge in DAX queries and Power Query M formula
- SSRS preferred
- SSIS preferred
- Able to build out automated data validation and building in adequate controls to ensure ongoing data quality
The IT team at Kindercare creates digital experiences that help working parents stay informed on their child's early education and so much more. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, KinderCare operates more than 1,500 early learning centers and employs more than 32,000 team members. In 2021, KinderCare earned its fifth Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award - one of only four companies worldwide to win this award for five consecutive years. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs. We keep this team online and help parents be where their kids are, even from the office. KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.