Duke Health Technology Solutions is a robust, specialized division of Duke University Health System dedicated to the development and management of enterprise IT systems. A 2018 'Most Wired' health system, Duke is nationally recognized for IT and information management as the first healthcare system to achieve the Davies Award - highest honor by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) - for inpatient, ambulatory, and analytics health information technology capabilities.
Our employees are among the top-skilled IT experts in the Triangle and partner with leading scholars, clinicians, and researchers across Duke University and Duke Health to develop innovative technologies that support our mission of delivering tomorrow's healthcare today. POSITION DESCRIPTION Job Title: BI Administrator/Developer Primary Role
This position will be responsible for administering our Business Intelligence (BI) tools and environment for the ACE Information Delivery team and working on BI development projects. The BI Administrator/Developer will work closely with other members of other ACE groups and team members to understand all project requirements that encompass the BI realm, as well as contribute to solution development. They will administer the Enterprise BusinessObjects environment.
The BI Administrator/Developer will also work with the user community to build specific 'starter' reports as needed. Upon project completion, the BI Administrator/Developer will be responsible for knowledge transfer to the users, in the form of metadata documentation, general application training, and specific training for reports. Essential Tasks/Responsibilities Level I:
- Translation of user requirements into specific reporting solutions
- Ability to work closely business leaders and users to define and design BI solutions for business intelligence applications
- Writing intermediate SQL using Oracle
Required Skills Level I:
- BOBJ administration including upgrades, patches, and monitoring
- Experience with all aspects of BO CMC, CMS and CCM administration, including troubleshooting and tuning
- Experience with migrating reports, universes, dashboards, etc. using Lifecycle Manager (LCM)/ Promotion Management
- Troubleshooting performance problems SAP BusinessObjects software such as Web Intelligence (WebI), Universes, Crystal Reports, and BOBJ server
- Writing advanced SQL using Oracle
- Ability to communicate technical requirements and functional requirements in a clear, easy to understand manner
- Ability to act as individual contributor working under limited supervision
- Ability to apply subject matter knowledge; capacity to understand specific needs or requirements and apply skills/knowledge
- Ability to coordinate simple to complex projects with minimal direction
- Understanding of SAP BusinessObjects (BOBJ) architecture in depth
- Technical writing to document functional specifications, metadata, and process to transfer knowledge to customers and team
Required Experience Level I:
- Ability to adhere to corporate data security requirements for the storage, transportation, and retention of data
- Ability to serve as technical resource for discipline in cross-functional teams
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- 1 year of Business Intelligence development experience
- 3 years of Business Intelligence development experience using Tableau, WebI or similar reporting tools
- 3+ years of BOBJ administration experience including installation, upgrades, patches, and monitoring of BO server systems in a clustered environment.
Work Experience Level I:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
- One year of related experience is required
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- Three years of related experience is required
- Healthcare, clinical, and administrative processes and data
- Familiarity with Epic Clarity
- Experience in the training and support for business users
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.