Job Title: BI Architect
Location: Fairfax, Virginia or REMOTE
Looking for a BI Architect with experience managing full life cycle development of business intelligence solutions. The resource will provide technical leadership, guidance, and support in implementing strategic technology approaches and designing systems' architecture. Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with business and technical resources to understand functional requirements and translate into technical specifications. Work with testing teams to deliver quality BI solutions.
• Install, configure, maintain and administer BI applications. Conduct performance tuning and optimization when required.
• Perform application upgrades, apply patches and maintain the BI environment. Perform audits for system maintenance and optimization.
• Design, develop, manage and update logical and physical data models for the BI data marts.
• Create BI content - semantic models, reports, dashboards and visualizations.
• Migrate content between environments.
• Experience administering development and production environments across verticals, including sizing and capacity scoping.
• Follow market trends for COTS and open source tools. Provide architectural expertise and thought leadership for tools' evaluation and recommendation.
• Proven experience in administering and configuring various BI platforms including SAP Business Objects, Tableau and Power BI. Additional BI platforms a plus.
• Deep understanding of the tools' underlying architecture.
• Ability to add customizations if required and integrate with other applications.
• Design content - reports, dashboards and semantic layers.
• Excellent SQL and data warehousing skills to include deploying logical and physical models. Deep understanding of dimensional modelling concepts.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot BI environment related issues.
• Proven ability to design BI solutions to reports against large volumes of data and experience tuning reports and queries.
• Experience with setting up load balancing, failover and disaster recovery for BI implementations.
• Proven experience deploying on a variety of platforms including AIX, Linux and Windows
• Proven experience reporting against industry standard database platforms including Microsoft SQL server, Oracle, Teradata etc.
• Ability to manage critical BI systems and work under pressure
• Excellent skills in Written and Verbal Communication
• Collaborative conflict resolution experience
• Presen certifications desired Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Thanks and you have a great day,
Provish Consulting, Inc.
7301 Carmel Executive Park Drive
Suite 200, Charlotte, NC 28226
- provided by Dice