CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Business Intelligence Analyst will work collaboratively across divisions to achieve divisional client and revenue goals. The role will be responsible to create and maintain analytics, dashboards, and automation of reports to drive enhanced client engagement and decision-making. Good technical background combined with business knowledge and a high level of interest is ideal. Must be a quick learner and enjoy a nimble environment where making positive impacts is the center of our purpose. The ideal candidate will enjoy being part of a small, highly impactful team that wears multiple hats and operates in a collegial environment. Primary Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with sales, marketing, product teams, and clients to deliver insights that support actionable short-term and long goals.
- Directly support the Americas sales team with campaign analytics and the external reporting of client volume and revenue metrics.
- Use Data Science tools, query and analyze data to create insights to identify and quantify impacts of market trends on client segments and CME Group performance. For example, use SQL and Python to query data tables to create Tableau dashboards for displaying analytics and visualizations.
- Support the team's performance reporting responsibilities by creating new and innovative formats that provide key insights into the results. Automate and evolve existing reports (e.g. pdf format) into Tableau dashboards or other business intelligence tools.
- Use SalesForce and build skills necessary for SalesForce data reporting to glean summary client information and client trends from the database.
- Key to this role is the ability to determine analytical business needs, design scalable solutions, and lead the initiative from A-Z to achieve the goal.
The successful candidates will be: Passionate about analytics and financial markets, problem-solvers, initiative takers, challenge-seekers, innovative thinkers, energetic, and have a positive attitude. Job Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in Data Science, Computer Science, or similar field or a bachelor's degree in Business with a minor in Data/Computer Science OR Bachelor's degree plus substantial experience and aptitude for analytics and using Business Intelligence tools
- Proficient in SQL, Python, and R coding
- Ability to create Tableau dashboards by automating data queries that load data from CME Group's volume and revenue data tables
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Proficiency or experience with Business Objects, QlikView, and Essbase would be a plus
- Experience performing analysis in the financial industry is desired
- Some knowledge of capital markets, exchange traded products, OTC products, and associated client segments is preferred. Must be a creative thinker
- Crucial to success are proven expertise interfacing with Business Intelligence systems and completing quantitative analysis under time constraints, strong communication skills in presenting results and recommendations, and the ability to lead with conviction.