The Director of Business Development is responsible for driving business development and marketing, opportunity capture, and strategic partnering. The director will understand our industry landscape, articulate a vision for success, engage with clients and partners. Primary focus will be in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, with a strategic focus on clinical pharmacology and bioanalytical services.
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified potential new and/or existing customers/accounts with pharmaceutical companies. Effectively communicate and describe Amador Bioscience's core services & capabilities to with key Pharma & Biotech stakeholders with the objective of establishing long term and mutually beneficial business partnerships.
- Aggressively pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning, and pricing and continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained. Organize, track, document and report on a regular basis on the status of all prospects in the business development pipeline (i.e., sales/call reports, quote requests, and expense reports) and update Client Relationship Management (CRM) tool in a timely manner.
- Engage and build strong relationships with senior executives and strategic leaders in the client organization and support clients with strategic / critical business issues and establish a shared vision on client needs.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to ensure they are engaged and aligned to the account strategy and support new business opportunities within clients. Work closely with colleagues to pull together successful, complex solutions for clients.
- Lead company's promotional efforts in industry tradeshows, conferences, networking events, and client on-site and off-site meetings, as well as internal Business Development meetings.
- Work with project teams to define project scope and combine with existing capabilities to generate the scope of work and provide timely price quotations/proposals. Responsible for proposals generation and negotiating contracts terms and conditions.
- Responsible for building the Business Development team.
- Familiar with the domestic and international CRO research and development trends and global pharmaceutical market and provide advice on the company's development direction and strategy development.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Life Science fields, MBA, M.S., or PhD from Life Science fields a plus and at least 10 years in the pharmaceutical/biotech business and a minimum of 5 years of experience selling services in CRO / pharmaceutical / biotechnology / life sciences industry.
- Proven business development experience with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers in the pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and influencing skill, and ability to work across a global organization with colleagues at all levels of the organization (e.g. President, VPs, Directors, Individual Contributors, technical Subject Matter Experts).
- Requires management and leadership knowledge to lead team and the ability to influence others to accept practices and approaches.
- Strong analytical, forecasting, and financial modeling capability.
- Familiar with domestic and foreign biotech market, development trends and information capture capabilities .
- Strong presentation skills (to prepare and deliver high-quality capabilities and sales presentations). Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with proposal development, contract negotiation and closing a contract.
- International business or cross-cultural experience and ability to work with international teams.
- Willingness to travel to academic, industry, client and/or partner sites.