The Business Development Manager (internally known as Commercial Development Manager) will identify, manage the initial qualification, and close through the signing of a contract for new business, concentrating on Biologics. This candidate will be field-based and located in the Boston, MA area. External US
The work we do at FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies (FDB) has never been more important-and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We're growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people's lives. Join FDB and help create the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. Here, you'll work alongside and learn from some of the most dedicated scientists, engineers, and manufacturers in the industry. We're proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy, and drive-what FDB calls Genki. Join us and discover a community that thrives on diversity and never scares away from a complex challenge. At FDB, you determine what's possible.
The Business Development Manager (internally known as Commercial Development Manager) will identify, manage the initial qualification, and close through the signing of a contract for new business, concentrating on Biologics. This candidate will be field-based and located in the Boston, MA area.MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:General Responsibilities:
Support Executive Director, Commercial Development (Director) and Chief Business Officer (CBO) in achieving departmental and company objectives:
- Know and understand FDB business and communicate that knowledge to potential customers
- Establish relationships with technical and business leaders and technical experts within FDB to ensure full and timely support for new business acquisition
- Ensure continuing flow of information to business and technical leaders about the territory, customer pipeline, and new business acquisition efforts
- Follow any procedures established for the Sales and Marketing team, such as Salesforce compliance, utilizing appropriate forms for client meetings, following proposal approval process, providing conference feedback using approved format, following procedures for travel booking, etc.
- Meet the objectives / targets outlined in the annual sales plan
Maintain knowledge of assigned territory and develop relationship with potential clients:
- Assist in development of an overall company sales plan
- Provide regular updates on Territory and potential customers as required by management
- Help Marketing develop and maintain an attractive, timely and effective marketing message and appropriate promotional materials
Keep Salesforce database and Sharepoint up-to-date:
- Maintain awareness of potential market and business opportunities in the assigned geographic area (Territory)
- Prepare and keep current a marketing plan identifying potential customers, company pipeline, and key contacts in Territory
- Establish and maintain contact with decision-makers and influencers within companies in territory
- Stay abreast with latest development in territory, including rounds of financing, M&A, partnerships, clinical trials, etc.
- Keep current and potential clients informed about latest initiatives and events at FDBU, such as investments in capacity, technology, acquisitions, innovation achievements, presentations at major industry events, etc.
Manage contract negotiations:
- Update Salesforce database timely with new contacts and new information about customer companies and opportunities.
- Regularly update the status and expected program start date for opportunities
- Maintain Sharepoint folders for clients including RFP and other technical documents received from clients, proposals and revisions, blueprints and revisions, and any other relevant information
Support existing programs:
- Manage contractual agreement negotiations from issuing the contract template to contract signature
- Assure that contracts are negotiated and signed timely
Provide business leadership for proposal development:
- Stay aware of program status for existing clients in Territory
- Support the Program Management and execution team as required by management.
- Stay in regular contact with clients and maintain awareness of client pipeline and any potential follow -up business; ensure that FDB is always considered for any new program from client portfolio
- Provide client with updates on new developments with FDB, such as new acquisitions or investment into capacity or technology, innovation programs, or participations in major industry events
Represent company at conferences, trade shows and other industry events:
- Lead clients business and technical conference calls and client visits; decide on call/visit participation and schedule calls and visits
- Lead business discussions with potential clients
- Oversee development of proposals and other responses to customers' inquiries (e.g. RFIs)
- Ensure that proposals fully address all clients' requests or questions, and are written clearly
- Write executive summary for proposal and deliver proposals to customers
- Ensure that proposals, blueprints are timely uploaded to Sharepoint; update Salesforce upon issuing of a proposal
- Develop conference/tradeshow attendance plan as part of Territory marketing plan.
- Deliver company presentations at conferences/trade shows when appropriate
- Interact with conference/trade show organizers to secure any presentation and speaking opportunities for technical or business experts
- Support technical or business experts during and after their presentations at events by interacting with audience and providing relevant information
- Actively seek new contacts with potential clients from Territory by attending their presentations and/or interacting at conference events.
- Maintain awareness of competitors presenting or exhibiting at conferences/trade shows; attend presentations and visits booths; report on new offering, any innovation project, and change in marketing or business strategy, new sales team members and new technical experts, etc.
- Be willing to travel to customers within their territory and to FDB sites in support of sales process. (Travel may average as much as 50% of time in any period and may include international travel.)
- Be able to interact with customers at different levels within the customer's organization from middle management through senior executives
- Possess analytical skills to evaluate and prioritize opportunities in their territory that are potential new business for FDB worldwide
- Continue development of technical and business knowledge about company offering and intra-company initiative, and sales process innovations,
- Bachelor's degree required in science, engineering, or business preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in sales for API contract manufacturing organization, or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum five years relevant experience in sales, marketing, business development, and/or technical biotechnology area.
- Prior P&L experience required.
- Knowledge of major legal issues confronting the biopharmaceutical industry and experience reviewing contracts.
- Ability to work in an environment that requires teamwork and the entrepreneurial/start-up mentality of "doing whatever it takes to get the job done"
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 - 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 - 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company's ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired..... click apply for full job details