Smiths Detection is a global leader in developing innovative screening and detection solutions used to intercept contraband and protect against explosives, chemicals, and biological threats. Our mission is to make the world safer by applying advanced technology to help safeguard communities, first responders, troops and transportation systems, ports, borders and buildings.
Our Center of Excellence for biological-detection capabilities is located in Baltimore, MD where we develop technology for broad end-market applications including in food and agriculture safety, emerging diseases detection, and mail screening. The advancement of high-speed, high-sensitivity pathogen detection and threat prevention solutions is part of Smiths Detection's growth plan and overall global business strategy.
Currently, Smiths Detection has developed, and is marketing, solutions that detect a wide range of threats including anthrax, ricin, Ebola, salmonella, Phytophthora, Ralstonia, and airborne COVID-19.
PathSensors is looking to hire a Business Development Manager - Air quality monitoring, to be based in Baltimore, MD. This person will lead business growth across all segments of the Smiths Detection Air Quality business line to include Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) applications in corporations, entertainment, government, medical, & education. Responsibilities include developing and growing the pipeline, establishing strong relationships in the market, and guiding our go to market strategy for our air monitoring capability beginning with the SARS-CoV-2 detection business. Other duties:
Duties & Responsibilities
* Establish sales strategies and build customer relationships in air quality market
* Develops relationships with clients to understand key applications, generate product requirements and develop use cases
* Build and convey compelling value propositions and work across the organization to build consensus
* Collaborate with commercial and technical team to develop strategic plans to maximize partnership opportunities
* Achieves or exceeds sales goals and objectives by actively selling to new clients
* Maintains contact with existing customers as well as develops new customers to achieve or exceed sales objectives
* Calls upon clients to develop new sales and travel throughout territory
* Presents sales presentations for internal and external customers
* Develops proposals on prospective opportunities
* Utilizes the CRM database to input and manage the pipeline
* Stays current on developments within the industry. Attends tradeshows
* Utilizes technical expertise and expanding customer relationships to identify areas of improvement and new product opportunities
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
* Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Microbiology or a related field, or equivalent experience
* Have knowledge in electrical, mechanical, plumbing systems and building management system
* Strong business skills to address business risks and identify growth opportunities, seek out and cultivate strong relationships, and capture customer priorities to guide our product development teams.
* Ability to work independently and as a team member
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%
* Computer aptitude including MS Outlook, Power Point, Word, Excel, and CRM.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* 3-7 years of technical sales/business development experience
This is truly an exciting opportunity to support this growing business.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers' operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About Smiths Detection
Smiths Detection is a global leader in threat detection and screening technologies for aviation, ports and borders, urban security and defence. With more than 40 years of field-tested experience, we deliver the solutions needed to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals and narcotics. Every minute of every day our technology and our people make the world a safer place. Smiths Detection is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies to markets in threat as well as contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 23,000 people in more than 50 countries.
Smiths Detection is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email .
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail or call toll-free . This email and phone number is created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response. Smiths Detection, Inc. participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.