Job Title: Business Analyst with Unclaimed Property
Duration: 7 Months
Location: Austin, TX (100% Remote)
Experience: 6+ Years
Primary Skills: Business Systems Analyst, Financial Systems, and Investment Systems
- The Worker will perform highly advanced business and systems analyst work as part of a joint CPA and the client project team.
- The Worker must have a strong background in business and systems analyst work on financial accounting systems.
- The primary goal for the Worker will be to perform business analysis of the current state; develop proposals for future states: perform research and analysis on existing interface discrepancies and recommend solutions; review data exceptions, recommend corrective actions, and execute corrective actions as directed; and communicate status updates, project issues and risks as directed.
- Work will be performed 100% remote.
The client will require the Worker to participate in the following activities:
- Analyze existing business process flows between the Comptroller's Unclaimed Property Division and the client Settlement & Trust Services, Custody Services, and Investment Accounting Departments and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Analyze existing interfaces between the UP2 system and the Simcorp Dimension (SCD) system to identify
- problems, recommend solutions, assist in the redesign of interfaces and preparing required functional design specifications.
- Analyze existing data exception reports to identify the root cause of the exceptions, recommend solutions, assist in preparing the functional design specifications for any resulting system changes and assist in system testing activities.
- Analyze existing data exception reports to identify the scope of incorrect data or data missing in the UP2 system and/or the SCD system, identify the best approach to correcting data issues, and perform data corrections as directed.
- Assist in providing project status updates to the project managers, project steering committee, and executive leadership team.
- Provide input into communication logs for project issues and risks.
- Perform research, analysis, and other duties on related items as directed.
Worker Skills and Qualifications (Required)
- Must be able to perform highly advanced analytical work.
- Must be able to develop comprehensive functional design specifications.
- Must be able to identify problems and provide appropriate solutions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Must be able to perform data reconciliation activities.
- Must be able to perform data entry in an accurate and efficient manner, with appropriate segregation of duties.
- Must be able to communicate project status, changes in scope or business requirements, and the escalation of project issues and risks that may impact timelines or scope.
- Must be able to work remotely.
- 6 Years of Business analysis experience, including evaluating business needs.
- 6 Years of Systems analysis experience, including creating functional specifications and process flow diagrams.
- 6 Years of Experience working with financial systems.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 4 Years of Experience initiating, implementing, overseeing, and managing complex financial system software changes.
- 1 Year of Experience working within the field of Unclaimed Property.
- 1 Year of Experience working with Kelmar's KAPS Unclaimed Property Management System.
- provided by Dice