GovCIO is a team of transformers-people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation governmental operations that improve the citizen experience every day.
But we can't do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We're changing the face of I.T. - from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we're excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
GovCIO is seeking a Business Analyst to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The effort is toward a VA initiative building a data platform in an Agile and DevSecOps environment. The business analyst will gather, analyze, document and validate the needs of the project stakeholders. Candidates must be able to work as part of a team and communicate with senior level contributors.
- Conducts interviews to gather customer requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identifies and establishes scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Works with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Works directly with Service Line Managers and Partner Coordination Manager to track customer needs, questions and related work items.
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develops and utilizes standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Translates conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develops and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Assists with the interpretation of customer requirements into feasible options and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Manages and tracks the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements - verbally or through written documentation - to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Degree in engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline is required.
Years: 10 years experience
Additional Experience: 8 years in lieu of a degree ( will consider candidates with 12+ years relative experience without a degree).
- Must have experience in explaining in simple language scientific and technical ideas that are difficult for the average reader to understand.
- Experience gathering system requirements alongside feature requirements.
- Familiarity with proposing new solutions to problems in the areas of their functional expertise.
- Experience gathering critical information from discussions or meetings with various stakeholders and produce useful meeting minutes.
- Experience with Agile, DevOps, SAFe practices in relation to requirements.
- Must be proficient in Jira for documenting and tracking requirements.
- Experience working with a team of individuals of all levels of responsibility and with varying skills.
- The ability to work flexibly in order to respond to changing priorities.
- Critical and analytical thinking abilities with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills and solution implementation
- Good communication and relationship skills.