Business Analyst -Oracle/Hyperion
Arlington, VA (Remote)
Metric5 is a small business with big company benefits. We have a passionate team of smart, fun-caring professionals, and we are here for the long haul. Join our close-knit growing team in a business where your contributions make an enormous impact. Our organization offers a comprehensive employee benefits package, continuous professional development, with a best in class company culture that is enjoyable to work in and supports the growth of each of our professionals.
Metric5 is looking for motivated Oracle Hyperion Mid-Level Business Analyst to join our growing team. The Oracle Hyperion Business Analyst will support requirements elicitation, configurations, customizations, development and maintenance of the Oracle Hyperion. Additional duties include documenting process models, preparing functional and technical specifications, writing reports, testing, preparing training documentation, delivering the system and providing post-implementation support.
Oracle Hyperion Business Analyst will work with our Oracle Hyperion Development team on a highly visible project with our DHS/TSA customer. As a Business Analyst, you will work closely with customers to understand business needs and translate them into requirements for the development team to implement. You will also support testing, documentation and training efforts through the development lifecycle.
- 5+ years' professional work experience
- 3+ years' business analysis experience in Oracle Hyperion
- 3+ years working with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent communication, presentation, time management and problem resolution skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience preparing and documenting user guides and related documentation
- Experience working with customers to elicit and analyze their requirements, develop designs, and implement Oracle Hyperion
- Must be motivated, independent and self-sufficient
- Able to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Must be well organized, a good communicator, able to effectively prioritize tasks, and manage your projects from concept to production
- Must be well able to brainstorm with others, thrive in a collaborative team environment, multi-task, and quickly adapt to change
- Work with stakeholders to elicit and analyze their requirements, develop designs, and implement Oracle Hyperion
- Configure, Test, and Deploy Oracle Hyperion
- Build data structure for report generation
- Create and groom backlog of user stories in an agile development environment
- Facilitate requirements gathering and planning sessions with customers
- Support testing of solutions against the requirements
- Develop training documentation, provide training to customers, demo solutions to customers
- Balance priorities and workload across multiple projects and multiple developers as needed
- Coordinate and support Agile Scrum activities as needed (e.g. sprint planning, daily scrum, task estimation, and retrospectives) to address backlog items including new user stories as well as defects within application product backlogs
- Work with developers and the customer to understand functional and technical requirements
- Participate in solution design and concept visualization, create user interface mockups, prototypes and demo solutions to stakeholders
- Create documentation including design documents, standard operating procedures, system and maintenance documentation, and assist with training documentation
- Test software solutions
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Knowledge of infrastructure, architecture, and administration services related to Oracle Hyperion
Education: Bachelor's degree
Years of Experience: 3+ years of experience or more
Clearance: Must be a United States Citizen and able to obtain a TSA public trust security clearance for this government position.
Our benefits include
- Health & Dental Insurance 100% of individual coverage paid for by the company
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match (employees are immediately vested)
- Paid Vacation
- 8 Paid Holidays per year (plus 2 paid floating holidays)
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Employee bonuses
- Professional Development reimbursement program
- Tuition Assistance Program
Metric5 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Metric5's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
- provided by Dice