Join Our Community of Food People!
The IT Business Analyst role at US Foods partners with our business to define areas of functional need and translate those needs into requirements for The IT Business Analyst role at US Foods partners with our business to define areas of functional need and translate those needs into requirements for project execution. The primary areas of responsibility include:
Understand and document business requirements.
Analyze current state and provide gap analysis to support roadmap.
Translate business needs into actionable technology requirements.
Develop and describe business benefit.
Create and cascade reference and training material.
Create and execute procedures to ensure quality supportable product.
The work is a combination of remote and onsite work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Interview and shadow business stakeholders to observe the way that work is done, noting gaps and opportunities for future technology improvements.
* Create business process documentation using established standards and identify and update related documentation.
* Attend workshops and document As Is and To Be work process flows. Identify potential process improvements for consideration.
* Use the best fit development methodology to turn pain points into either user requirements or user stories; create appropriately detailed documentation within the right tool. Consider known problems as well as requested enhancements.
* Provide data to support business case development.
* Develop simple user or training documentation and provide one-on-one user support.
* Provide input into and feedback of testing scripts. Develop and implement data cleansing and environment set-up. Support QA and business resources during testing effort and refines testing and scripts as needed.
* Work with the Command Center(s) on production support during warrantee phases.
* Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent experience.
* Previous experience in a US Foods role, or minimum 4 years of experience in a Business Intelligence role.
Specific requirements for this department:
* The focus will be on data warehousing and business intelligence projects, so the candidate must have experience in this area.
* Deployment of data to the data warehouse.
* Follow policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data.
* Strong SQL skills. Understand basic database and development concepts.
* Oracle DB, Snowflake, OBIEE, Power BI, Sigma or Tableau experience a plus.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong group facilitation skills.
* Familiarity with project management concepts and tools include waterfall and agile.
* Ability to model business process. Familiarity with standard flowcharting tools such as Visio or Lucidchart is preferred.
* Ability to manage application/product backlogs. Familiarity with JIRA is preferred.
* Ability to travel up to 10% per year
* EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*