At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Business Analyst - Firm Portfolio Management Office
The Firm Portfolio Management Office is an enterprise-wide function responsible for evolving the firm's capabilities for planning, project, and program management to help facilitate decision-making around and execution of the firm's portfolio of strategic work. This will include development of the processes by which strategic programs and projects are scoped, prioritized, planned and resourced as well as leadership of execution around our largest strategic programs through a centralized program management function in partnership with division-level PMOs.
As a FPMO Business Analyst, you are responsible for gathering technical specifications so that the product/s can be developed. If product managers focus on the "why" of a solution, business analysts do the heavy lifting to work with engineering to determine the "how" of a solution from a functional user perspective. The Business Analyst is also responsible to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to executives and stakeholders. They foster fast learning cycles with rapid decisions.
At Edward Jones, you are expected to not only have a tremendous impact in transforming our client experience, but also take a leading role in shaping the organization's future. While navigate a complex organization working through an operational and digital transformation, leveraging established tools, processes, and adopted methodologies.
The FPMO Business Analyst will work on a variety of projects for the firm, with their responsibilities typically including the following:
* Concept development, interpretation and application of advanced PPM and Product Management practices, including financial analysis, forecasting, and modeling to enhance decision making for division leaders and executive-level management
* Concept development of customized executive-level management reports, reconciliations and variance analyses that will facilitate decision making for firm programs and initiatives.
* Consult and collaborate with senior leaders and stakeholders to effectively diagnose business needs and process issues, developing solutions to address needs.
* Lead the approach for assessing process improvements and designing or enhancing targeted work management processes between interdependent teams to ensure workflow integration.
* Meet regularly with stakeholders to share their current state of knowledge and work, and to review dependencies between their business areas
* Research current best practices and alternative solutions to provide thought leadership on solutions and ensure recommendations meet the unique department/division objectives while supporting firm strategies and/or firm values.
* Serve as a change agent by leveraging change management principles to ensure adoption and integration of processes, systems, and tools across the division and firm.
* Collaborate with and communicate decisions to senior leaders, key stakeholders, and internal team leadership and cross divisional leadership.
* Understand existing and available systems and tools that will enhance product and project management while improving operational efficiency and end-user outcomes Document, monitor, and proactively recommend improvement to processes and controls related to area responsibilities; quantify business impact for leaders.
* Inform and educate other business areas as to the impact of decision; deliver original insights on opportunities for enhancing Firm performance.
* Assist with the implementation of projects requiring cross-functional teams to achieve the division and firm's overall business objectives. Independently organize, plan & prioritize individual effort needed to ensure overall success.
* Educate Team members & business owners across the firm on system and tool application, concepts and best practices
* Takes constructive action with direction from others while leader reviews non-routine outputs
* Knowledge of Product Management and PPM methodologies, concepts, practices, and procedures
* Understand and apply multiple systems and tools that support product and project management, financial tracking, reporting, analysis, and operational efficiency
* Bachelor's degree in business administration, management information systems, computer science, or related field; or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 2+ years of experience in systems development, project management, or product management.
* Negotiation and Leadership experience is a plus
* Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
* Verbal & written presentation of analysis to department leaders & business owners
* Detail orientation with developed analytical capabilities
* Advanced organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
* Teamwork / collaboration mindset with the ability to work with stakeholders throughout the organization
* A fundamental understanding of full-cycle software development within an Agile or product management
* Implement a communication process that enables all parties to recognize dependencies between epics and design in a transparent environment
* Mandatory experience with PPM and/or product tools
* Preferred experience with the specific tools (Clarity, Jira, Jira Portfolio, MS Planner, Aha, Pendo, Spigit, and/or BigPicture)
* FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
* From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
* Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
* 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
* Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list - the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
* Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
* The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified™ organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firm's 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $65656 - $108268
Program Management Office