6+ Month Contract Position
Location - Remote (Candidate should be located in EST or CST)
Our client is looking to add a Business Analyst will be focused on :
- Working with "Product Owners" and Scrum teams to elicit, document, and decompose epics into stories that can be prioritized, implemented, and tested by the Agile team.
- Participating in Program Increment Planning and coordinating with other BA's and Scrum Teams to identify and resolve interdependencies between Agile teams.
- Ensure the completeness and full elaboration of Business Services and Technical Services in support of migrations
The Business Analyst should be a proactive, self-starter with strong experience and knowledge in the fields of online publishing, search, content modeling, content enrichment, content management and other editorial systems. The Business Analysts is responsible for leading and coordinating the specifications of solutions to business problems, ensuring that the solutions meet current needs and are reusable and extensible across tenants.
The Business Analyst works as a bridge between demand (customers, business clients, product management) and delivery (technical implementation teams), working closely with both sides of the equation, and must be a clear and compelling communicator.
The Business Analyst must have or develop expertise in all of the editorial and content management services built and delivered by the GPO Platform Technology organization. The Lead Analyst must be able to represent those solutions to internal and external audiences and be able to anticipate changes in customer needs, competitive pressures and the broad business landscape.
A successful candidate has demonstrably strong analytics skills, solid communication skills, and familiarity with the challenges and solutions for delivering online solutions in a content publishing environment. A successful candidate must have extensive experience in designing and building complex software solutions and has usually performed in a variety of different roles during software development / solution implementation projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the business owners and Requirements team to understand, develop and groom requirements for a new editorial content process and tools.
- Work with both the Development and QA teams to groom the requirements following standard practices using both Jama and Jira tools.
- The candidate should have experience in writing technical requirements based on business needs.
- Maintain familiarity with the legal, tax, health and regulatory information domain by interviewing domain experts, studying industry documentation and reviewing competitive products.
- Work with delivery teams, product management and business unit stakeholders to define the detailed functional solutions to support current and future business content requirements. Serve as the deep functional expert on the editorial systems and technologies managed by Platform Technology.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience, from a four-year college or university, or equivalent.
- 10+ years of overall IT experience
- Minimum of 5 years analyzing, designing or specifying complex, integrated application solutions
- Proven track record of working with internal and external customers to understand their needs and translate into technical solutions.
- Knowledge of infrastructure components, middleware and SOA
- Experience in the online publishing industry or the legal, tax, or accounting professions required.
- Experience analyzing, designing and building end-user applications.
- Experience working in a cross-functional, team-based environment; experience working in an international environment desired.
- Ability to properly scope requirements, identify tasks, and determine level of effort.
- Experience with data model and content model design. Ability to effectively communicate technical decisions and their rationales to business unit stakeholders and development teams.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a highly creative and technical environment while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- provided by Dice