Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit .
Branded Content Strategist (Remote)
USA TODAY Network Branded Content Strategist
Welcome to GET Creative the USA TODAY NETWORK's branded content studio. Do you have a passion for telling great stories and bringing a brand's message to life in unique, organic ways? Are you a journalist who is ready to make the leap into branded content? We're looking for an experienced storyteller to join our team as a Branded Content Strategist.
GET Creative's Branded Content Strategists are deeply involved and integrated into the full spectrum of the team's services and products, across the entire USA TODAY Network. The ideal candidate will be able to handle multiple clients/campaigns with ease, with clients and partners spread across the country. High-level organizational skills and collaboration are a must! We're looking for someone with a strong creative mind, a journalistic background, and an ability to create content at scale, as well as oversee and manage a team of writers, including editing their submissions.
As a member of the GET Creative team, the Branded Content Strategist is a storyteller to the core, driving to seek solutions for our partners and execute innovative concepts. GET Creative's Branded Content Strategists work closely with design, video and sales teams, building ideas that offer creative solutions for client challenges and executing them when they sell through.
GET Creative's Branded Content Strategist will be expected to execute the following tasks and assignments as a contributing member of the team. Please provide examples of your writing and content creation work with your application.
• Collaborate and concept branded content ideas for briefs in the presale phase that meet and exceed client objectives in innovative ways to win new and renewed business.
• Leverage data and insights to strategically inform new ideas and approaches for branded content campaigns in both the pre- and post-sale phase.
• Work closely with sales, design and video partners to build ideas and execute branded content programs from pre-sale to post-sale execution.
• Write, concept and edit engaging articles and content appropriate for the USA TODAY Network audience and client.
• Work on multiple campaigns simultaneously, and under deadline, while being flexible to the clients needs.
• Collaborate actively and constructively in a team environment, with team members spread across the country.
• Work productively across departments to execute projects and drive success.
• Oversee other content creators, including negotiating rates, copyediting submissions and keeping them on deadline.
• Cultivate sources and experts across verticals for use in multiple campaigns.
• 5+ years of content writing/editing experience (must have experience with long-form copywriting, i.e. articles).
• Experience writing/creating content across digital mediums, including but not limited to: articles, infographics and quizzes.
• Ability to write/create content across topic verticals and organically weave brand messaging throughout compelling copy.
• Ability to pivot quickly without losing speed, focus or quality.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at .