The Platforms & Regulatory Compliance team offers a suite of Products that provide solutions for our clients with Tax Validation, Document Exchange and Outreach campaigns that helps manage Counterparty and Vendor risk. Our product platform includes Counterparty Manager, Tax Solutions, Know Your 3rd Party (KY3P), MarkitServ, & Corporate Actions
The BizOps team partners with the Platforms & Regulatory Compliance team to collect data and provide ongoing analysis of data by developing visualizations and analytics for the department to help drive data-driven decisions.
This summer you will get the opportunity to take the knowledge you have learned regarding statistics, computer science and business, and apply that knowledge to solve real-world business problems. Interns on our Data Science team will apply data mining and analytical skills to help make critical business decisions and drive key business metrics.
Duties & accountabilities
•Work closely with others on the Data Science & Analytics team, as well as cross-functionally with Customer Success, Product, Engineering, and Business teams to understand project goals
- Apply advanced analytical techniques (e.g., NLP, segmentation, or other predictive methods) using structured data to identify trends and run descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analyses aimed at making strategic recommendations.
- Identify, gather, and transform data from a variety of sources.
- Perform rigorous statistical analysis, including significance testing, forecasting, and modelling.
- Build dashboards, slide decks, reports, and presentations to share analytical insights with stakeholders and business leaders.
Education and experience
- Pursuing a Bachelor/MS Degree in a quantitative field (computer science, statistics, engineering, economics, or a related field)
- A strong interest in using data mining and statistical models to understand user needs, drive business metrics and improve product efficiencies
- Strong data extraction skills
- Experience with advanced analytical and data visualization methods
- Experience with a scripting language, preferably Python or R
- Self-motivated; independent, organized, and proactive; highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable when working across multiple product teams
- Commercial awareness
- Strong articulation, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with bank compliance and risk management a plus
- The ideal candidate will need to be detail oriented and task driven with a strong work ethic and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Note - The candidate is required to provide a PowerPoint or pdf version of self-created tableau dashboard along with the resume
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Able to contribute on an individual basis and as part of a team
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.