Bioinformatics Programmer US Remote Worker
The Emmes Company, LLC ("Emmes") is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our "Character Achieves Results" culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee - from entry level through top executive - to contribute to our clients' success by sharing ideas openly and honestly. Primary Purpose
The Bioinformatics Programmer is responsible for designing, developing, evaluating and modifying computer programs to process, manage, and analyze -omics data. The Bioinformatics Programmer writes well-documented computer code, participates in validation of computer programs and -omics datasets and resolves program and data issues. The Bioinformatics Programmer is typically proficient in using Unix/Linux-based operating systems and develops programs using the R, Python, and/or Perl programming language. Responsibilities
- Develop tools for management, analysis, and interpretation of -omics data
- Implement and execute -omics data processing workflows locally or in the cloud
- Create standardized summary tables, figures, and listings for -omics data
- Manage large -omics dataset collections including cloud import/export and data QC
- Write well-documented computer code and conduct code reviews and programming validation
- Conduct workflow benchmarking
- Identify inconsistencies and initiate resolution of data problems
- Prepare SOPs, document source code/workflows, and write reports to summarize computational requirements, processing status, and customized analysis results as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related field, and 2 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated computer programming skills in Python and/or Perl as well as R for statistical programming
- Competent in using Linux/Unix operating system command line interface
- Ability to develop and query relational databases (MySQL, SQLite, or similar) is a plus
- Experience using Eclipse, RStudio (or other IDEs) and Version Control software (Git, SVN, or similar) to manage programming code
- Familiarity with next-generation sequencing data and open-source bioinformatics tools
- Familiarity with AWS cloud computing (EC2 and S3) is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, in both written and oral format
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares
community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- 401k & Profit Sharing Plan
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
CONNECT WITH US!
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Emmes is a federal government contractor and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Individuals with medical conditions or sincerely religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.