US Remote Worker
The Emmes Company, LLC ("Emmes") is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our "Character Achieves Results" culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee - from entry level through top executive - to contribute to our clients' success by sharing ideas openly and honestly. Primary Purpose
The Bioinformatics Analyst applies existing or implements new analysis strategies/algorithms suitable for -omics data analysis, writes analysis specifications/plans, prepares summary reports that facilitate data interpretation, and contributes to scientific publications. They also designs, develops, evaluates and modifies bioinformatics software to process, analyze, and manage -omics datasets and identifies and resolves software or data issues. The Bioinformatics Analyst writes well-documented computer code and participates in validation of computer programs. Responsibilities
- A pplies existing or develops new analysis strategies/algorithms suitable for -omics data analysis.
- Develops bioinformatics software for processing, analysis, and management of -omics data.
- Prepares reports to summarize -omics data.
- Keeps up-to-date with analytical methods and software for analyzing-omics data.
- Writes well-documented computer code, conducts code reviews and programming validation as needed.
- Authors or contributes to manuscripts and/or scientific presentations.
- May provide statistical input for the development of clinical study protocols with -omics endpoints to ensure that the design and methods are scientifically valid and feasible.
- Writes analysis plans that outline analysis strategies/algorithms for -omics data analysis .
- Contributes to study reports including results interpretation to be distributed to internal and external monitoring committees and regulatory bodies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MS in a scientific discipline preferably statistics/biostatistics/bioinformatics with 2 years of relevant work experience or a PhD in a scientific discipline preferably statistics/biostatistics/bioinformatics.
- Background in genetics, molecular biology, genomics, proteomics, or other related fields
- Strong analytical skills with experience in applying and/or developing methods for analyzing various types of -omics data (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, or metabolomics) from different platforms (next-generation sequencing, microarrays, or mass spectrometry)
- In-depth understanding of common imaging formats (CT and MRI scans as well as whole slide images), DICOM standard, software for managing/processing images such as PACS. Strong computer programming skills in the R statistical programming language as well as Python, Perl, C/C++, MATLAB, FORTRAN or Java
- Competent in using Linux/Unix operating system command line interface
- Experience using IDEs (such as Eclipse or Rstudio) and Version Control software (Git, SVN, or similar) to manage programming code
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, both written and oral
- Experience with image data processing/analysis methodology/algorithm development is a plus
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services (EC2 and S3) is a plus
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares
community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- 401k & Profit Sharing Plan
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
CONNECT WITH US!
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.