Position/Title: BI Analyst I/II (Junior to Mid Level) - Remote
** NOTE: Must be proficient in SQL coding.
Location: 100% Remote (anywhere in the US)
Responsible for the delivery of Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions, data delivery and presentation. Represent NatGen's approach to creating these solutions and as such must demonstrate proficiency at multiple levels of the BI stack and be capable of working multiple projects concurrently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Develop SQL Queries
- Design and delivery of Analytics
- Design and delivery of large-scale, high-performance data transformation and storage systems
- Develop technical requirements based on business requirements
- Define and manage the full development lifecycle to meet client needs
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent consulting skills and the ability to work effectively with clients and team members
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Support relevant data security standards related to PII (personally identifiable information) and HIPAA
- Ability to learn Relational Databases (Microsoft SQL, Oracle, DB2) and ETL (Microsoft SSIS, Informatica)
- Ability to learn SAP Business Objects, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft SSAS/SSRS reporting tools, though familiarity with similar systems acceptable, such as MicroStrategy, Cognos, Qlikview, or Tableau
- MBA, Master Data Management (MDM), MS in Computer Science or Information Systems, or other advanced technical degree
- MBA or advanced technical degree
- Extensive knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Insurance industry experience
- Functional area experience, especially with Finance and/or Sales
- Experience leading teams
- Experience with project management
- Familiarity with HIPAA requirements
- Familiarity with SAS, R, Python and/or other analytical tools
- Familiarity with C#/C++/PHP/.NET and/or similar programming languages
- Familiarity with MDX/DAX and/or similar cube-related languages