BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for health care providers.
BD and its over 70,000 associates have a passion and commitment to help improve patient outcomes, improve the safety and efficiency of clinicians' care delivery process, enable laboratory scientists to better diagnose disease and advance researchers' capabilities to develop the next generation of diagnostics and therapeutics. BD has a presence in virtually every country and partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. By working in close collaboration with customers, BD can help enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. In 2017, BD welcomed C. R. Bard and its products into the BD family. For more information on BD, please visit bd.com.
BD Medical is among the world's leading suppliers of medical devices and a leading innovator in injection- and infusion-based drug delivery. We are passionate about providing innovative solutions to reduce the spread of infection, improve diabetes treatment and advance drug delivery. With our technical capabilities, the Medication Management Solutions (MMS) team are able to manage multiple systems and our operational capabilities enable us to have medications available when and where needed, reducing inefficiency and waste for nursing and pharmacy teams.
The summer internship program within Global Customer Services (GCS) at BD provides the student withan opportunity to partner with peers, senior personnel, and supervisors who will provide informal mentoring and coaching towards success. Students will have the opportunity to be exposed to Global Support Operations and Customer Experience. Additionally, the student will have the chance to gain real-world experience in Service & Support, Process Improvement, and Business Analytics.
The **BUSINESS PROCESS ANALYST INTERN** supports the Global Customer Service organization in MMS, specifically Field Service and Technical Support functions by contributing to people, process, and technology projects using analytic skills, lean / process improvement methodologies, and data visualization along with functional knowledge and business acumen.
As an intern on the Business Process Optimization team, you will gain experience with driving STRATEGIC ANALYSIS and TRANSFORMATION through data insights. Projects undertaken will have the goal of IMPROVING CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, REDUCING INEFFICIENCIES and/or IMPROVING PRODUCTIVITY MEASURES, and will provide exposure to Service & Support leadership and key business partners. This is a phenomenal opportunity to GROW OPERATIONAL STRATEGY AND ANALYTICAL SKILLSETS WITH REAL-WORLD, NEEDLE-MOVING INITIATIVES.
Throughout this internship, they will be responsible for creating or streamlining reports used to drive strategic direction for business cases and monthly operations meetings, extracting data from multiple sources to create dashboards and meaningful ways to depict and narrate the story behind the data. This will improve efficiency and supply the business with visibility into performance, value attained, and areas of opportunity for course correction on our large initiatives. They will also support creating business cases for new strategic priorities. Projects undertaken will provide great experience on how to visualize, improve, and narrate Support data.
- Create dashboards, reports, and visualizations to streamline and optimize operational report out mechanisms for the Service & Support organization and Business Process Optimization Team with a focus on:
- Metrics and Progress Measures related to our Customer's Online Portal
- Progress Measurements for Key Performance Indicators on monthly and quarterly cycles
- Business cases baselining and value tracking and trending
- Support monthly operational governance with reports, charts, and insights to drive storytelling through the data
- Help create business cases and ongoing tracking mechanisms for Strategic Initiatives, enabling faster ability to course correct and reduce manual reporting efforts to see trends and data stories
During the Internship, you must be able to:
**CONDUCT STRATEGIC ANALYSIS & VISUALIZATION**
- Analyze large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data and recommend insights to Support, Finance, and Customer Experience leadership; translates data into clear and concise reports and data visualizations
- Use data insights, process knowledge and critical thinking to identify and validate process improvement opportunities
- Apply business cost impacts and risk assumptions to data findings and hypotheses
**BUILD RELATIONSHIPS & FOSTER CHANGE ADOPTION**
- Establish a collaborative working relationship with cross-functional project teams
- Support the development of presentations that deliver succinct/concise recommendations to management team and be able to provide rationale / justifications behind the recommendations.
- Ensure adoption of new tools, measurements, and processes by identifying, monitoring, and communicating success metrics
**PROJECT MANAGE & FACILITATE STRATEGIC PROCESS IMPROVEMENT**
- Create a project plan for process and analytics / visualization improvements
- Provides a regular cadence of leadership updates on process improvement projects
- Applies process improvement design and methodology to initiatives
- Facilitates success measures review at close of internship to summarize results delivered
- Rising senior (Spring 2023 graduation) pursuing a degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Data Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Industrial/Systems Engineering or related disciplines
- Interest in analytics, process optimization, business operations; prior experience a plus
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint; VBA and Dashboarding in Excel a plus
- Experience creating data visualizations, charts, & reports in Power BI, Salesforce, Tableau, SQL, or similar
- Coursework related to statistics, analyzing complex data sets and translating into business impacts
- Proven leadership, organization, group facilitation, and project management skills
- Ability to quickly learn, dissect and support on an initiative in an iterative, fast paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, listening, and interpersonal skills; High attention to detail while multi-tasking on complex deliverables
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with remote internal and external stakeholders
In order to qualify for this position, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction as to duration.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company's receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD's Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS ) or email