Balboa Capital, a division of Ameris Bank, is a technology-driven business lender that uses innovative online tools and technology to change the way small businesses secure financing, and we are looking for talented, motivated individuals to join our team. If you embrace technology and have a desire to work at a dynamic company with a diverse group of highly skilled individuals, make Balboa Capital the launching pad for your successful career.
Ameris Bank is a purpose-driven company, dedicated to bringing financial peace of mind to communities, one person at a time. Whether a customer wants to grow their business, buy a home, or feel confident in their retirement plan, they have a partner in Ameris Bank. We serve customers in our locations across the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and nationwide through our extensive digital offerings and mobile app.
Delivering financial peace of mind starts with a team that values integrity and rewards ingenuity. At Ameris, you'll find teammates who are inclusive, collaborative problem-solvers who go the extra mile to support one another and to meet every customer's needs. When teammates are empowered and bring their diverse perspectives to the table, we create the best possible outcomes for our customers. At Ameris, we know that a growth mindset is key for high performance and fosters an environment that prioritizes continuous improvement. Teammates have access to Employee Resource Groups that serve as advocates and allies as well as professional development opportunities to drive ongoing education. Learn more about our purpose and how you can bring it to life as an Ameris Bank teammate.
This job will actively grow the equipment leasing segment of Balboa Capital and will have connections within the industries of Healthcare, IT/Telecom, Construction/Industrial, Automotive, Survey, POS Restaurant, Software, and Commercial Vehicles (Medium Duty), and all other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
• Actively prospecting and developing new vendor and lessee relationships
• Drives the volume and further penetration in existing vendor and lessee relationships
• Pursues vendor and manufacturing relationships that can produce at least $3MM annually
• Assists vendor salespeople with leasing sales training on a regular basis through sales meetings, conference calls, tradeshows, and scheduled one-on-one phone calls
• Develops strong business relationships with both senior management and day-to-day contacts at established and newly developed vendor customers
• Works with existing vendors to enhance their standing programs
• Attends various trade shows nationwide as required
• Ensures all new programs are properly administered and communicated
• Collaborates with Balboa Capital's management and support team to drive initiatives
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
• Background in equipment leasing
• Experience in banking/financing and consultative sales
• Transferable book of business from $3MM annually or greater preferred
• Knowledge with CRM software programs, Salesforce preferred
• Monthly and annual growth rate of 20% from existing vendor relationships
• Volume: Monthly and annual stated volume objectives TBD
Industry and Work Experience:
• 5 years of experience in equipment leasing
• High school diploma or GED required
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.