Balance Entry Specialist
Remote – Work from Home
The Balance Entry Specialist position is responsible for completing historical payroll data transfers for all new clients onboarding with Paycor to ensure the completion and accuracy of the Paycor clients’ tax setup at the client level during the implementation process. The Balance Entry Specialist is responsible for identifying quality issues and data discrepancies regarding tax treatment of earnings, deductions and employer memo codes as well as tax liability vs. deposits based on historical detail. The Balance Entry Specialist will communicate these concerns with the Implementation teams on an ongoing basis. Other key responsibilities include data file manipulation, data extraction from prior provider systems and transfers as well as problem-solving assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate collection of required documentation for Client level historical payroll data*
- When necessary, extract data from Clients’ current payroll systems in the form of standard and/or custom reports
- Ensure all payroll data is recorded, balanced, and reconciled to the Client level support*
- Troubleshoot potential tax mistreatments of earnings and deduction types. Communicate results as required*
- Educate Implementation Consulting team on acceptable historical documentation, tax impounds, and on-going concerns regarding Clients’ data*
- Document all changes, concerns, and communications with Client or Implementation team during tax balancing using appropriate systems and/or processes *
- Provide backup assistance to other tax department team associates as needed
- Other duties as assigned
*Indicates essential job functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Four-year degree or equivalent education and work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of federal/state/local revenue and unemployment filing requirements preferred.
- 1 or more years of customer support experience; prior tax experience a plus.
- Experience with advanced Excel formulas including VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, CONCATENATE and Pivot Tables preferred.
- Experience providing world-class service, and ability to learn new systems and/or enhanced functionality within an existing system.
- Ability to effectively solve problems by balancing detailed questions with creative solutions.
- Demonstrated success with establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with clients and peers across multiple departments.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills proven in a fast-paced, service-oriented position.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
Paycor Total Rewards
We are proud to provide best-in-class benefits delivering a personal and professional experience that meets you where it matters most – the well-being of you and your loved ones.
- A flexible virtual-first work philosophy
- An initial equity award in Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) for all new Associates and on-going award opportunities to participate in the value created through Paycor’s growth
- 401(k) with $.65 match for every dollar contributed up to 6% of eligible pay
- Generous paid time off in addition to 10 paid holidays (including YOUR Holiday to celebrate a day or holiday you hold special)
- Three medical plan options including a $0 cost option and travel & lodging support to ensure access to medical care
- Paid leave for birth parents, non-birth parents, elder caregivers, and military support
- Sabbatical opportunities for tenured Associates
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan, which enables you to buy PYCR stock at a 15% discount
- Inclusive and accessible Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to help with everyday challenges
We also offer competitive compensation determined by each individual’s relevant experience, skills, and education. We anticipate the base pay for this position to be between $16.05-$25.70/hr. In addition to base pay, Paycor Associates are eligible for either a performance-based annual bonus or commission, depending on their position. If your desired salary falls outside of these rates, we hope you’ll still apply as there may be other positions that better align.