is seeking a Junior Back End Java Developer. This position will perform and have the following duties, roles, and / or responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and implement web-based applications.
- Design, develop and implement highly complex applications utilizing Oracle and Java technologies.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills to solve complex problems across a large enterprise.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure and ability to handle change easily while meeting deadlines.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences verbally and in writing to design efficient and effective applications.
- Work independently and in a team environment, to give and receive direction.
- Develop and revise Java source code based on clearly defined requirements.
- Participate in code reviews for team members as well as yourself.
- Assist in the setup of production environments including application servers and database structure.
- Assist in the implementation of applications through various testing phases and into production environments.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, work in a team environment and think analytically.
- Perform maintenance on programs currently in production.
- Assist QA teams with writing test scripts and explaining functionality.
- Unit Testing candidate releases.
- Must be US Citizen and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- 3+ years of experience with Java server technologies (JEE, Spring Framework, Spring Boot)
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
- Experience with Angular and TypeScript
- Experience with the NodeJS and Java toolchains (NPM, Angular CLI, Maven)
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL on Oracle or similar platform
- Experience creating REST web services (JAX-RS or Spring MVC)
- Experience creating single-page web applications
- Experience with testing tools (JUnit, Mockito, Mocha, Selenium)
- Experience with source control tools (Git, SVN)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Ansible)
- Familiarity with Scrum or other agile methodologies
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.