General Distribution Ltd (Gendis) is a sister-company to Paxton Access Ltd, which is a well-established Access Control focused organisation in the UK.
We are a small and dynamic team of highly technical people. Our focus is on bespoke security solutions that incorporate the latest IoT and cloud technologies.
Operating from the headquarters in Brighton, UK, we are at the stage of entering a new and demanding market. We would like to establish long-term relationships with talented engineers who can help us with growth and positively influence both the quality of our products and the way we work.
We have an opportunity for a Back End Developer to join our team working full time from home. You will work with our existing team of Software Developers to create innovative cloud-based solutions using the latest technologies. Your time will be split between designing and creating new products, supporting and maintaining our existing systems, helping the team to work effectively and efficiently and working to keep us on the bleeding edge of technology - researching, discussing and implementing new tools and technologies with the team.
What you will do:
* Use industry standard development methodologies to create robust and scalable cloud-based APIs and other applications which form the link between our smart devices and modern web-based user interfaces.
* Work with business internal & external stakeholders to understand their requirements and produce necessary functional and technical documentation.
* Ensure appropriate testing takes place prior to code being migrated to the Production (Live) environments.
* Contribute to decision making, regarding the overall architecture of our software platforms.
* Enhance the product suite through pushing technology boundaries and providing innovative solutions.
* Find ways to improve our existing production system such as better user experience, more robust, reduce running costs etc.
* Investigate software defects as assigned and provide timely resolutions.
* Build internal tools to empower the team to handle support issues quickly and easily.
* Share in an out of hours support rota (1 week in every 7).
* Builds relationships and collaborate with other Gendis developers.
* Review code created from by other Gendis developers.
What you'll need:
* Solid development experience and knowledge of Java, Spring, SQL (MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL), NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis), AWS, RabbitMQ.
* Experience working on live production systems.
* Experience interfacing with internal and external customers.
* Proven experience working with REST APIs.
* Excellent communication skills, including listening to requirements and the ability to relate to a range of people at all levels.
* Self-motivated and able to get things done autonomously, proactively dealing with blockers as and when they arise.
* Ability to plan, organize and prioritise tasks.
How to apply
To play an important part with the market leader in our field, click apply now