Azure Cloud Operations Engineer
This position can be fully work from home, or hybrid or office based depending on your location.
Work From Home Azure CloudOps Infrastructure Engineer. We have a great opportunity for an experienced Azure Cloud Operations Engineer looking to make your mark as a technical expert within an in-house IT innovation team. As a function IT are at the start of a journey to make deployments of the client's infrastructure more efficient and effective by using automation.
They are looking for an Azure Cloud infrastructure engineer who has taken the next steps into the world of DevOps and has proven experience of taking an organisation through the journey.
The Work From Home Azure CloudOps Engineer will be working in an international team so communication and inclusivity skills will be key in supporting the collaborative working practices we are working to mature to. You'll have come from an environment that is already mature and can bring those best practices along with you.
The vision is for this individual to support the innovation team with not only introducing new technologies into the company but also help transition those technologies into the infrastructure and project support teams.
- should not end at code deployments as Microsoft have a broad range of technologies for automation of business processes (e.g. Power platform, PowerBI, Power Automate) which you will be expected to understand and see opportunities to deploy in our business.
To be considered a good cultural fit, the Azure CloudOps Engineer must be:
- An ambitious self-starter, hungry and driven to learn
- A very strong and efficient communicator and collaborator
- Work well under minimal supervision to complete projects and tasks on time
- Able to think on your own to develop quick and sound solutions to complex problems
- Strong desire to solve with automation and self-service
To be considered a good technical fit, the Azure Cloud Operations Engineer must have:
- Demonstrable experience with IaC/CloudOps
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code e.g. Terraform HCL, ARM templates
- Powershell, Bash and YAML scripting experience
- Experience with Orchestration tools e.g. Ansible
- Experience in working with Agile Scrum methodology
- Proven experience with CICD tools such as Azure DevOps pipelines, GitHub
- Knowledge of Azure Governance (Blueprints, Policies)
- Experience with Azure Backup & Recovery Services.
- Knowledge of Microsoft best practice for Azure IaaS and PaaS deployments
- In depth experience of Microsoft Azure in a hybrid environment and moving to a full Cloud platform
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) - Azure Vnet's, Azure Load balancing Primarily NSGs, vnet peering, private endpoints, express routes etc.
- Familiarity with networking principals (Switches, Routers, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, VLAN etc.)
The Azure Cloud Operations Engineer will earn:
- Competitive salary, £50-70k depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Many of our vacancies offer the opportunity to work flexibly, whether from office and/or home
- Healthcare scheme
- A Self Invested Personal Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Discounts on various products and services
- Employee assistance programme for employee wellbeing
- Life assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Voluntary benefits - dental cover, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, wellbeing and digital GP apps
Proactive People is an employment agency and employment business