Azure Cloud Architect and Technical Lead - Azure
Our successful client, a leader in their field, is driving digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
They are a global provider of devices used in smart home applications such as heating, lighting and power monitoring. The business is investing heavily in new product design, market expansion and further development of existing markets. It is creating an exciting new range of features focused on energy management in systems where solar, battery, EV charging coexist to exploit the opportunities provided by the rapid growth of the Internet of Things (IoT). Job Title
: Azure Cloud Architect and Technical Lead Location
- Remote with occasional travel to the office based in the South West. Salary
: £85,000-£90,000pa Term
: Permanent, full time Role:
The client is looking for an experienced full-stack Azure Architect & Technical Lead to help drive the business to the next level. This is an exciting opportunity to work on the creation of data-driven products in the Internet of Things space. Working closely with members of the product development team (product management, firmware, cloud services, electronics, mechanical and systems design), you will play a leading role in developing cloud-based applications that scale across multiple use cases, customers, and devices.
As the Azure Architect and Technical Lead you will focus primarily on the creation and maintenance of Azure cloud services spanning message-oriented microservices, data storage and retrieval, and interfacing and presentation to external entities such as 3rd party services and the company's mobile applications.
Cloud based services are only useful if they are available and responsive, so a key element of this role is to proactively engage with DevSecOps specialists, 2nd line support and cloud service providers to ensure appropriate service monitoring is in place and incidents are managed to conclusion in a timely manner. Your main responsibilities:
- Ensure the Wiser Home cloud architecture is documented, fit-for-purpose, and is represented in all engagement with stakeholders spanning cyber-security, data privacy, integration with both internal and external products. Fit-for-purpose means functional, maintainable, resilient, responsive, secure & cost efficient:
- Lead all discussion and planning on cloud architectural topics, working with the systems engineering team and other internal/external teams looking to integrate with the Wiser Home platform.
- Minimise complexity in all development by the application of careful analysis and proven software engineering principles.
Deputise for the cloud development manager when required:
- Facilitate the day-to-day development of cloud-based, data-driven applications using microservice architectures.
- Take responsibility for the estimation and on-time delivery of certain features.
- Contribute to cloud software development, and promote good practice, leading by example.
- Produce clean code & simple but effective code architectures to maximise maintainability.
- Apply a mixture of BDD, TDD and edge-case exploration to author effective automated tests.
- Design and implement CI/CD in conjunction with DevOps specialists to support the development process and maintain consistent deployment to test, staging and production environments.
- Where appropriate produce concise, high quality documentation to provide overall context and explanations for complex areas of code.
- Contribute to the refinement and definition of user stories via '3 Amigos' style collaboration with product owners and testers.
- Provide valuable input to the Agile Process during backlog refinement, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
Skills and experience:
- Work with the DevSecOps team to build reliable services and applications
- Seek to minimise cloud costs
- Azure PaaS architecture experience
- Technical leadership spanning technical good-practice, and delivery responsibility
- Takes responsibility for and proactively drives work packages to completion
- Back-end development using microservices
- Microsoft stack with .Net Core
- Code quality practices such as Clean Coding, SOLID & DRY.
- Best-practice test automation including use of TDD, Mocks & the pursuit of unit, integration & user level tests.
- Agile development methodologies.
- Passionate about technology and its application to smart home automation
- Customer focused
To apply for this position, please send your CV to or call Laura Ramm on 01566 776888.
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Agency