Please send resume to if you are interested in this AWS Developer, 100% Remote opportunity for a Manhattan based company (10001). Salary for this role is in the $150K - $175K (MIGHT HAVE A LITTLE WIGGLE ROOM) range + 10-15% bonus and excellent benefits. We are looking for a strong development background with solid AWS experience. Information security knowledge is nice to have.
The Senior Information Security Engineer role is to ensure Strong Security Posture, compliance with regulations and safeguard our customer's data. This includes checking server and firewall logs, scrutinizing network traffic, establishing and updating vulnerability scans. This person will also analyze and resolve security breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and conduct user activity audits where required.
What You'll Do
Strategy & Planning
- Help maintain, and oversee enforcement of policies, procedures and associated plans for system security administration and user system access based on industry-standard best practices.
- Assess need for any security reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute them if required.
- Keep current with emerging security alerts and issues.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
- Play a key role in our transition into AWS, the candidate will assist in implementing cloud centric tools (Dome9, AQUA, HashiCorp, etc) and setting polices.
- Assist with the monitoring of all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems, and anti-virus software.
- Manage and ensure the security of databases and data transferred both internally and externally.
- Oversee penetration testing of all systems in order to identify system vulnerabilities.
- Design, implement, and report on security system and end user activity audits.
- Monitor server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution.
- Recommend, schedule (where appropriate), and apply fixes, security patches, any other measures required in the event of a security breach.
- Download and test new security software and/or technologies.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research into security issues and products as required.
- Process Access Request tickets based on departmental and firm polices.
- Automate manual processes.
What You Bring to the Table
- College degree in the field of computer science or related discipline.
- 4-6 years of working in an Information Security department.
- Application Developer with at least 4 years of experience
- Expert knowledge of AWS.
- Ability to develop AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and network administration/protocols.
- Strong knowledge of Python.
- Intuition and keen instincts to pre-empt attacks.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Working knowledge of:
- Vulnerability management tools
- Cloud monitoring tools
- SIEM technologies.
- Application Program Interfaces.
- AWS Security Certification.
- provided by Dice