TekStream is seeking a DevOps / AWS Automation Engineer for a long term contract or Contract to hire. US Citizenship required and ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
- This position will focus on AWS automation including serverless technology, Cloud Formation, OpsWoks/Chef, Terraform, Lambda, containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS).
- Additionally, requested experience on standard DevOps automation tools like Jenkins, Octopus/Ansible, Bitbucket, Artifactory.
- Outstanding Linux system administration and tuning skills
- Minimum 3- 5 years hands on experience in AWS with focus in automation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Master's preferred
- Can quickly diagnose and resolve infrastructure issues, then take appropriate actions to prevent a recurrence
- Versatile scripter for automation, administration, operations, and monitoring tasks
- Lead the technical automation initiative in AWS for Containers, Serverless, using AWS native tools (Cloud Formation, OpsWorks, ECS).
- Build and deploy automated software deployment pipelines, infrastructure-as-code, configuration management, monitoring tools, and various automated tasks to increase reliability.
- Support selection of DevOps toolchain services through hands-on research, evaluation, and proof-of-concept work related to AWS automation capabilities.
- Work as a member of DevOps team to integrate any automation initiative into DevOps standard CICD pipelines standards.
- Experience leading and project managing complex projects, IT/technical/engineering initiatives.
- Extensive experience building CI/CD automated pipelines for on-premise and cloud native applications with focus in AWS.
- Experience working with AWS native Automation tools Like Cloud Formation, OpsWorks, KMS, ECS.
- Deep understanding of Agile philosophy, continuous delivery, cloud-native and modern application architectures (API, microservices, containers (ECS, Docker or OpenShift, Kubernetes), serverless, etc.).
- Experience working with technology infrastructure projects (Compute, networks, storage, DBs, etc.).
- Extensive experience with AWS platforms, Jenkins CI/CD tools, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, security and automated testing tools, and hypervisors.
- Solid foundation in networking, storage, and systems administration in Linux.
- Deep understanding of software development/engineering lifecycle from conception to delivery.
- DevOps and Automation Skills need to be backed by strong hands on experience designing, implementing, scaling, making solution highly available, operationalizing and supporting.
- Needs to have strong experience and knowledge of AWS Cloud services, AWS security and cloud native development in AWS. Certification preferred, however 3-4 years of demonstrated experience is a must.
Please send resumes to