An ICS client is seeking a Direct Hire, Cloud Operations Engineer to join their team remotely.
MUST Haves include, AWS, Linux system administration, Ansible. Ansible Tower strongly preferred. Must be someone who has a mindset for automation and always thinks to automate first.
This is a great opportunity to join a team that is growing and building within AWS. If working full time in DevOps is your long term goal, this could be a great position to get you into that capacity. Job Responsibilities
- Support environments and platforms by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve.
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large, distributed software applications Educate engineers and product teams on standards and best practices in the products they support/manage
- Mentor less experienced DevOps engineers, while coaching and influencing the performance and progression of other engineers and architects
- Research and introduce best practice frameworks/capability models tailored for the environment that will control costs, provide higher quality and/or increase predictability of service delivery
- Lead process and service improvement initiatives across functional and technology boundaries
Prefer to see those with AWS Certifications. Additionally prefer to see those with
- At least 5+ years relevant work experience
- Capability to debug complex systemic problems, analyze behavior of production systems, and review/document end to end system processes and information flows.
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system, network, and service design, platform management, and capacity planning
- Mastery of core infrastructure and devops service and technology stacks
- Experience with Hashi-corp Vault
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with various Testing techniques such as Test Driven Development and Behavior driven testing
- Experience and understanding of Front End User Experience and Front End Development technologies