Job Ref: 13632
AVP Sr. Compliance Officer Remote (Banking exp. required)
(eventually go on site in Manhattan)
The primary focus of the position will be to assist the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer with managing and monitoring all
aspects of the BSA/AML, OFAC and other Bank Regulatory Compliance Programs in accordance with Bank policies and
governmental regulations and applicable guidance.
BSA/AML/OFAC Compliance Program
• Perform KYC/CDD/EDD on new customers and during periodic account reviews. Work with the business units to
resolve account opening issues and perform on going quality control of the KYC/customer files. This includes
FATCA related matters.
• Responsible for transaction monitoring, investigating and reporting suspicious activity related to money laundering
and terrorist financing, including wires and correspondent banking activities.
• In accordance with the approved Compliance Program, perform periodic compliance reviews and testing of all
impacted areas to ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place to meet all regulatory requirements. This
includes general banking regulations and consumer compliance.
• Manage projects assigned by the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer.
• Provide guidance to the business support units and IT in developing effective controls and procedures for identifying,
monitoring, reporting and recording suspicious activities.
• Ensure compliance with account opening, transaction monitoring and reporting procedure.
• Ensure timely reporting and escalation of significant issues to management.
• Assist in reviewing OFAC hits and communicating/testing for OFAC and sanctions updates in the banks monitoring
and filtering systems.
• Assist in maintaining and enhancing the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing risk models in wide variety of
areas (geography, product, customer-type, typology, referral channel, etc.
• Support an annual risk assessment of BSA/AML and OFAC control environment.
• Assist the Deputy CCO in identifying compliance training needs and support management in educating staff and
acting as the contact point for questions and guidance.
• Perform additional tasks related to the department as requested by the Deputy CCO or CCO and provide backup when
other staff are absent.
• In-depth knowledge of various Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing typologies.
• Proficiency with the Bank Secrecy Act (AML/KYC), USA Patriot Act (Anti-Terrorist Financing, correspondent
banking and Customer Identification Program) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
• A comprehensive knowledge of general banking and consumer compliance regulations.
• A basic knowledge of FATCA or related experience.
• A comprehensive knowledge of the banking business with an emphasis on middle market commercial, asset based
lending and syndicated lending.
Able to use various in-house software and suspicious activity monitoring and CFT systems.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point).
• Knowledge of AML and OFAC systems.
• Able to use various research databases related to KYC such as internet searches via Google/Yahoo and World
• IT knowledge and experience, particularly in testing is a definite plus.
Minimum 5 years' experience in bank compliance or related financial services compliance position.
Education Required: BS Degree in Finance, Business or related field.
License/Certification(s): Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) preferred or comparable certification
or background required.
Languages: Fluent in English required; Fluent in Hebrew a plus.
Please contact Franca,
For more jobs like this
Please download our app today to easily participate in our referral program, stay up to date on our latest open positions, quickly communicate with us, and be the first to get updates." Apple IOS | Android