- Periodic regulatory report preparation and filings with the Federal Reserve (Fed), Department of Financial Services (DFS) and Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA). Fed reports include FFIEC002, FR2644, FR2900 and TIC Reports (BC, BL, BQ3); DFS reports include Pledged Assets and CIMA reports include QPR and LBS.
- Completion of periodic surveys from the Department of Commerce.
- Monitoring periodic regulatory communications and updates from Fed, DFS and CIMA as applicable to report filing responsibilities.
- Daily reconciliations between local General Ledger and Head Office management reporting systems.
- Assist with all functions within the Accounts Payable process, including but not limited to all Corporate Credit Cards allocations/processing, and assisting with vendor invoice processing during peak periods.
- Journal entries preparation.
- Active participation in system implementations aimed at creating process improvements.
- Execution of action plans and performance goals for the areas of responsibilities within his/her Team, to secure delivery and fulfillment of goals.
- Ensuring that the Accounting operations are in line with prevailing policies and regulations such as US GAAP and IFRS.
- Fostering adherence to established systems of internal control and seeking opportunities to enhance them.
- Representing the bank with local vendors and stakeholders etc.
- Building relations and securing cooperation with relevant Divisions/business units and strategic partners.
- Securing compliance with internal policies and rules as well as ensuring that external rules and regulations are complied with.
- Partnering with colleagues to assure compliance as well as create and maintain proper documents which adhere to required standards while operating at a high customer satisfaction level
- Other tasks given by the Team Leader, the Head of Accounting, or Head of Operations and Quality North America
• 5+ years Accounting experience within a Foreign Branch Bank
• Must have strong FED/DFS Regulatory Reporting and General Ledger experience
• Understanding of IFRS and US GAAP is advantageous
• Bachelor degree in Accounting is desirable
This AVP Regulatory Reporting role is located in midtown Manhattan New York so please only apply if you are able to travel to this location, have relevant experience for the role and are eligible to work in the United States. The salary is flexible dependent on experience, but the initial range is $100-125k base with excellent benefits and work/life balance. If your profile matches the above criteria, please contact me on **[email protected]**