A residential real estate lawyer to advise a broad array of clients in our Real Estate ("homegenius") business segment, including Realtor Services (real estate brokerage compliance and support), Real Estate Valuations (property valuation products and services and Appraisal Management Company (AMC) issues), and Real Estate Asset Management (REO (Real Estate Owned) management and Single Family Rental transactions). In this role, the real estate lawyer will partner with our existing legal team to provide legal expertise and support to senior leaders in operations, technology, marketing and sales. Our legal team is focused on protecting the Company and supporting our strategic direction by delivering the highest quality professional advice, through positive teamwork, timely and effective communication, foresight, tenacity and creativity.
What You Will Do
* Provides legal guidance with respect to both existing products & services and those in ideation from a statutory, regulatory and multiple listing services requirements perspective.
* Drafts and negotiates contracts between real estate service entities and their clients and vendors.
* Manages real estate-and appraisal management company-related license submissions to regulating agencies and authorities.
* Other duties as assigned including providing ad-hoc legal counsel and support on various projects and initiatives.
Who We Are Looking For
* A JD is required along with at 4-6 years of residential real estate experience.
* License to practice law is in good standing.
* Financial Services background is preferred.
* Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of real estate law and the ability to explain it to others.
* Subject matter expertise regarding statutory, regulatory and MLS requirements applicable to a virtual real estate brokerage that utilizes MLS data to provide valuation services and products to clients.
* Experience managing real estate-related license submissions to regulating agencies and authorities.
Skills and Abilities:
* Detailed understanding of business unit product/services
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Must be highly collaborative and able to and foster effective working relationships with leaders
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work independently and work with all levels of management
* Strong analytical and project management skills
* Contract negotiating and drafting experience, especially with respect to relationships between real estate service entities and their clients and vendors.
* Experience as a solutions-oriented team member in exploring and developing new products and services that utilize MLS and/or other regulated data in a compliant fashion.
* Demonstrates ethical, responsible corporate behavior.
Prior Work Experience
* Technical: 5 - 8 years
Education and Credentials
* Required: Master's Degree, Concentration in JD
* Other Certifications:: License to practice law in good standing.
Why Work With Us
* Competitive Compensation: anticipated base salary from $115,600 to $169,000 based on skills and experience. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program
* Our Company Makes an Impact. We've been recognized by multiple organizations like, being included on Bloomberg's Gender-Equality Index, being honored as a Tech 100 by HousingWire, pledging to PwC's CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion commitment, and receiving the Diversity and Inclusion Residential Leadership Award from the MBA.
* Rest and Relaxation. Generous time off starting day one, 9 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday in support of our DEI culture.
* Health Benefits. Multiple medical plan choices, including HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision.
* Prepare for your Future. 401(k) with a top of market company match (did we mention the company match is immediately vested?!)
* Paid Parental Leave. An opportunity for all new parents to embrace this exciting change.
* Employee Assistance and Discount Programs. From helping you navigate the healthcare system, to providing resources and assistance to parents and caregivers of children with development disabilities, to scoring discounts with thousands of retailers.
* Pet Insurance. To help protect our furry family members.
Radian is helping to ensure the American dream of homeownership in even bigger and better ways with industry-leading mortgage insurance and a comprehensive suite of mortgage, risk, real estate, and title services.
We are powered by technology, informed by data and driven to deliver new levels of service and innovation to our customers across the residential mortgage and real estate spectrum.
Learn more about Radian at Radian.com.
Radian complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Details
To learn more about Radian's Code of Conduct and Ethics and workplace conduct, please click [here]. Radian participates in E-Verify [Link] (en español [Link]). Learn more about your rights under immigration laws [Link] (en español [Link]).
Whether you require an accommodation for the job application or interview process, Radian is dedicated to a barrier-free employment process and encourages a diverse workforce. If you have questions about the accommodation process, please e-mail .