At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
U.S. Remote Work Eligible
Looking for an experienced Quality Test Engineer with extensive testing experience of Data Governance, Master Data Management and Data Stewardship technologies and processes
- Responsibilities include:
- Gathering and understanding of complex business requirements, data workflows, and technical designs
- Driving risk-based testing strategies that may span multiple teams and dependencies
- Understanding ETL logic in order to write complex SQL queries for data quality validation
- Identify and analyze data discrepancies and data quality issues; work to ensure data consistency and integrity
- Capturing testing artifacts and providing reports on test deliverables
- Ensure all defect artifacts are documented, triaged, and resolved in a timely manner
- Work as part of an agile product team, to deliver tested changes aligned with each sprint to support DevOps strategies.
- The potential to evolve more predictive and intelligent testing approaches based on automation and innovative testing products and solutions
- Proactive, self-motivated and independent with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Coach and mentor others on testing practices and tools
What You'll Need...
- 3-5 years of testing experience of Data Catalogs, Data Governance, Master Data Management and Data Stewardship technologies and processes
- Experience using tools such as Alation, ASG, or Informatica
- Ability to investigate discrepancies in data by writing queries and comparative analysis
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, Linux/Unix scripting, and Spark highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Enterprise understanding in test planning, test data management, automated & manual test execution, and test management tools to support complex data landscape
- Proven experience in defining and executing testing strategies by partnering with business and development teams to understand project scope, risk and data workflows.
- Must have experience with CI/CD pipelines, in-sprint test automation and CI integration
- One plus years of agile experience using SCRUM or Kanban
- Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience with unit, functional and performance testing is desired
- Bachelor or higher-level degree in MIS, Data Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred
- Financial Services background desired
- FORTUNE 2020 Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firms 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $75962 - $129341